• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual battery....opposite situation of Tonka.....HELP

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have my wiring set up like @Kahuna Khris but with two additional leads for the second motor. I like the way @Bubblehead suggested because it would clean up the wiring a little but I would have to use some type of extension to get all of the accessory leads to the switch since there is not a lot of room on the respective terminal which is on the bottom of the switch.

Now I’m interested in what others think/are doing. My plan is still to just replace the start/house battery with a deep cycle battery. I will probably go bigger and purchase it from Costco for under $100, interstate brand but not agm. Here are two standard sized ones I was looking at last night but I need to verify the specs on what I have before I buy a new battery.

Attachments

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ronnie you can run a common acc + wire from switch to helm, then use that to power a bus, or switch panel

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got new batteries in and now a new issue.
No power to console at all except for starter key. No bilge, gauges, fishfinder, horn, aerator, livewell blower....nothing. Proved all connections, breakers and fuses good in battery area. Also checked all fuses under engine hatch and all OK. Must be something under console access hatch. Has be be a fuse because all happened at once but is it possible all those things are on one fused circuit? Will start hunt tomorrow but any suggestions welcomed.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Positive leads from acc should go to house switch, other side of switch to house batt+, Engine +leads go to Start switch and other side of switch to start batt +, all negatives to associated battery and both batt neg connected. Simplified of course, you should have inline fuses close to batt on +lead to protect wiring. I am sure others will add to this
Thanks very much for taking the time to make that diagram and replying.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most common would be a wire hiding that you didn't see (in my experience and usually negative wire). Next would be common fuse at battery. Do you have a voltage meter or test light?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yup. Tested every circuit and all good in battery compartment and engine fuse box. Pain in the butt and tedious. Hate chasing electrical issues. Guess will just open the hatch tomorrow and start testing some more.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If all your ACC items are not functioning, then your ACC power or ground isn’t making contact, isn’t connected, or fuse is bad. Or...you hooked the ACC ground to positive or visa versa. It happens, and more often than you would think. Anytime you remove batteries, label everything, shoot pictures, and put it back exactly like it was. Something isn’t right, that’s all. You’ll get it, just be persistent!

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If all your ACC items are not functioning, then your ACC power or ground isn’t making contact, isn’t connected, or fuse is bad. Or...you hooked the ACC ground to positive or visa versa. It happens, and more often than you would think. Anytime you remove batteries, label everything, shoot pictures, and put it back exactly like it was. Something isn’t right, that’s all. You’ll get it, just be persistent!
You nailed it moving forward. Could’ve kicked myself for not taking pics of original setup before taking apart. I always do that and didnt this time. I am paying for it now with time on my knees checking fuses and connections. Since they are all good it must be a wire connected to the wrong terminal as I dont think there is any one common fuse forward of the engine compartment. Thx

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New batteries installed. 1 deep cycle for accessories and 1 starting battery for starter. This also resolved issues with my cannon downrigggers too which didn't work due to voltage sensitivity issue. Thanks for all the advice.