• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Battery setup for SX190

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha me too I kinda want to add a secondary battery also but I don't want to add the extra weight... Still undecided.
Old thread, but newly relevant to me.

Couldn’t you just use a small/lighter wave runner battery for starting only purposes, and leave the larger group 24/27 battery to power stuff when underway and at anchor?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Couldn’t you just use a small/lighter wave runner battery for starting only purposes, and leave the larger group 24/27 battery to power stuff when underway and at anchor?
I still haven't added a 2nd battery. Last week I added an amp and 6 speakers so I'm still thinking I should. We usually spend about half the day cruising/wakeboarding and the other half anchored in a cove. I will need to keep a close eye on the battery while anchored. Last year while at the ramp I noticed I left the main power switch on for a few weeks and the battery was dead. Good thing I had a portable jumper to get me started.

JayHat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wanting to do a dual battery setup on my SX190. Does anyone have a write up on this or any info?

Thanks,
B
Did you get this done yet? I have the 2021 AR190 and I am curious to see how/Where you mounted the ACR and second battery. Pics would be great!!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chiming in here. I put the Blue Seas Add-A-Battery in my 2017 SX190 and did a 4 part video on the install. In a nutshell: Battery 2 went on Starboard side, Electrical Components attached to a mount and mounted on same side (port) as the OEM, A Blue Seas Electrical Terminal was installed under/inside the dash. Most electrical components then routed to Blue Seas Terminal. I also went one step further and added a Dual Volt meter to my dash panel. The dual volt meter is super handy letting you see the varying voltages as the batteries are at rest, being used and being charged.

Good Luck!

JayHat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Well I’m going to tie in a amp powering a sub and speakers. So the power demand will increase and I didn’t want to risk running it all off the 1 house battery.