• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Battery, Switch, ACR Ordered!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just ordered my Blue Sea Dual Battery Switch and 120A ACR combo, two 150A buses to use as ground and AC buses in the battery compartment, and a 150A 5 screw bus for a helm ground bus. Gonna get this party started!

Oh...forgot, found all of it on Amazon. Found a smoking deal on the Blue Sea Add a battery for $115 and change, the 4 post buses were $10 and change each, and the helm bus was $13 I think, buses came with covers! All of that was less than West Marine wanted for just the add a battery kit...and I had to pay tax with them! Free Shipping on it all! Apparently one of the items comes from Texas though, there was $3 and change on it for sales tax.

My ACR stuff still sits on my bench. Had hoped to get it installed today but we'll see I still have a few hours of daylight left. All my ground busses are 100A and purchased off Amazon just like you. I purchased my ACR and switch from a member on the other site, who went with a manual switch.

Ugh...just back from West Marine. $201 for 9' of black and 11' of red 2GA tinned cable, 15 terminal lugs, and since they didn't have the required $30 worth of heat shrink in stock, I bought something else but it was still $20. My dual battery upgrade with AGM's, Dual Switch, ACR, and the correct cable for a boat installation and done correctly will cost me $850+ when said and done. I struggled with a question I read recently on the forum..."do I really need to use tinned wiring"? Because it is MUCH cheaper. But in my mind, non tinned wiring does not belong in a boat. So at $4.99 a foot vs $2.50 a foot for welding cable, call me crazy. I damn well better be adding amps, because I didn't need 2GA if I don't!

I'm in the same boat as you Mel. Batteries and all the materials and tools has me a little over where your at. Most of my stuff came to my door through Amazon.com and delcity.com I don't have a westmarine near me.

Did you get it installed Derick @jetboater4life ? I have to work this afternoon, so not sure I want to tackle it. I also broke a buckle that holds down the battery boxes I forgot to mention in all that list above, and don't like the ones I bought at Walmart, but going out and finding more isn't in the cards. But the buckle is necessary so I have to get a replacement.

Did you get it installed Derick @jetboater4life ? I have to work this afternoon, so not sure I want to tackle it. I also broke a buckle that holds down the battery boxes I forgot to mention in all that list above, and don't like the ones I bought at Walmart, but going out and finding more isn't in the cards. But the buckle is necessary so I have to get a replacement.
Yes I did and it has been working great. I haven't taken pictures yet because I have not installed my ground bus or fuse bank yet. A lot of this stuff I was doing for the first time so it took me a long time to double and triple check I had all the correct sizes and lengths for wires, lugs, mounting bolts, and other stuff. Once I get the other two items installed, I'll take some good pictures and update my other thread. I'm all set for tools when it comes to installing my stereo stuff, hopefully next year. Last night I installed my snow camo seadek and am excited to try it out tonight. There will be pictures in another thread.

I haven't worked on this since I last posted. The dual battery and ACR work great but I need to add the ground bus and fuse box to clean my battery posts up, as I have way too much on them. I think I took some pics a while back but didn't post them because they turned out crappy. The summer is flying by and it looks like I won't get to messing with wiring until fall. Every nice summer evening or weekend I prefer to be on the water vs working on the boat. I might attempt a pic or two of what I currently have if I have time and the lighting is good.

Back