• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Battery

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine are in the very back and it lists nicely. Good ballast for wakesurfing as long as no goofy-footers want to surf my wake!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Scratching my head here... Dual battery = planned mod but not crazy about the idea of a permanent list...) So, if the boat has a noticeable list with two batteries, where are they installed in a 242 since I believe it comes stock with two, right?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A 242 has a water tank on the starboard side, that when full, will offset the weight of one batter and it should float level...on the 242 at least. See, now you have a reason for a freshwater shower upgrade!

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aha! That makes sense! Thx.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Dual batteries on LS2000. I attached 2 pictures for review. I removed the original oil reservoir, have been premix for 8 years now. I am adding a dual switch, ACR and Fuse block from Blue seas. I went with the 120A unit? Is there a problem with mounting the unit in a horizontal position compared to the normal vertical position (mounted on wall) that I see most boats have done. I have this extra space and the existing cables reach without making new ones from the motors. Please let me know if I am barking up the wrong river??!!. (tree) I will be adding a new stereo system, amp, additional lights and usb charging ports.

I hope to figure the wiring end without to many Q's, the forum is extremely helpful.multi switch -ACR - fuse box diagam.jpg Oil res-battery location-old.jpg

Thanks and Happy Easter. multi switch -ACR - fuse box diagam.jpg

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The orientation of that kit does not matter, mount it however you want.

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi
@Yamatuf

Thanks for the picture, can you link to the fuse block you went with? Does this take the place of having the fuses inline, like the (sparse) directions for the ACR show?

Also, with the ACR, in order to get the (zero gauge?) wire onto the posts, we need to snip the plastic off the sides right? I don't want to start cutting plastic if i missed it,

thanks for your help,

Last edited:

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, well I finally joined the dual battery club, however I have a question. I did the following setup (where you see a red scribble line means I did not run that wire). When both engines are on, there is not a blue light indicator going on the ACR. I pulled the voltage meter to see if both batteries were getting charged but it’s not. It’s charging the starting battery only.

Do I have this set up correctly? Does the acr bring the starting batter up to 100% then charge the house? Or should I see a blinking light?

Attachments

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Rufusthedog

Hello, Yes I did have to cut the side of the plastic to allow room for the wires and connectors. I'm not sure what the power block system I used was, it was in the same area as the ACR unit.
My boat is up on the Potomac in Harpers ferry. With all the rain and flooding I have used very little this year. I just don't have access to see what the fuse block brand was but it made things real simple to wire up additional acc. I installed extra lights, USB ports, etc.

David - I believe the ACR system charges the weakest battery first then converts over the the next battery. I am going off memory here. I will look for my pictures when I documented the project

Last edited: