• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dumb Cover Question <bow/cockpit vs mooring>

Nice! I love the snaps around the tower.

What are the little holes on the side of the cockpit cover?

Those are for the bikini pole. I hope have a new cockpit cover made this fall.

Hey guys,

Noob here resurrecting this thread. I have a 2014 SX240 being delivered in May and have a few questions. I will be keeping it in a slip this year. This is the type of slip that you back into stern in and has no port or starboard walkway docks. The lines are secured to pylons on either side. If I have the Yamaha mooring cover, will it be too hard to cover knowing that I can only board the boat from the transom? Does the boat come with snaps normally? When I purchased it, I dont remember it having snaps. If not, how much is it to install snaps? If I should get the snap cover, buy the one from JBP? Thanks in advance

Get your dealer to install the snaps. The Snaps must match. There is no "pattern" to use.
The issue is not the cover. Its the snaps on the boat. Talk to your dealer. These are referred to as the Bow and Cockpit Covers.
He needs about 3 hours @ $100/hr to do the work. It has to been done carefully as to not chip the gelcoat while drilling the holes in the 'glass for the snaps.
Good Luck, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Nice! I love the snaps around the tower.

What are the little holes on the side of the cockpit cover?
I just ordered a new Yamaha cover for my ar on Monday , cheapest price I found was $560 shipped from Yamaha sports plaza ....

Aaron - Excellent price ! Good Luck. We love ours. And Yamaha quality on the covers is excellent, as many of us know.
Best Wishes for a great upcoming weekend ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MORE VIEWS
Free Upgrade (2 Free Products)
storage-bag.gif

Elite Cover Storage Bag
Free:
  • -Breathable Mesh
  • -Convenient Draw Cord
  • -Light Weight

straps.gif

Elite Cover Straps
Free:
  • -Adjustable Strap Kit
  • -Quick-release buckle

• Product Info
  • Reviews
  • Warranty
  • Installation
$255.00
Price:$255.00
Availablity :
In Stock
Ships:
26 Apr 2015
Available Colors
-- Please Select --Grey Navy Blue Ocean Blue
QuantityAdd To Cart
Free Shipping

Seal Skin™ 1200 is our most powerful cover available. This lightweight cover features unmatched strength and durability. The 1200 denier fabric is waterproof and provides excellent protection against sun, rain, wind and snow. The breathable fabric provides superior air circulation that protects against mildew, dampness and musty odors. The cover is designed specifically for trailering and is easy to install thanks to our Seal Skin™ adjustable straps.

• We offer our Seal Skin™ 1200 in three popular colors - Navy Blue, Grey & Ocean Blue.
  • Superior 1200 denier polyester fabric. Won't shrink or stretch.
  • Double stitched seams with rot-proof threads provide added strength and water resistance.
  • Superior breathability ensures air circulation and protects against mildew, dampness and musty odors.
  • Treated with advanced UV inhibitors for protection against harmful UV rays.
  • Sewn-in rope cord hem ensures a tight, secure fit.
  • EliteFit strapping systems built specifically for trailering.
  • Fade-resistant finish.
  • 10 Year Warranty Directly from Seal Skin.

Return Policy for Seal Skin™ Covers

SealSkin covers are 5 Star Fit Covers. The fit and quality are 100% guaranteed or your money back. You have 30 days to try the cover. if you are not 100% satisfied feel free to return or exchange it hassle free. No restocking fee’s, we even pay for the shipping. Returns and exchange exceptions can be made after 30 days but fees may apply.

The great thing about Yamaha covers, is that they fit like a glove and take less effort to install than any universal aftermarket cover made. They may cost more, but they only fit your boat and model. You can get a better material quality made into a cover if you want to go the custom route...but it will add even more money to acquire the cover. Universal covers don't fit as well, and have their own set of problems...but they are cheaper. I have bought them before, and I discovered that I had more issues with them than a cover that was designed exclusively for my boat.

I called my dealer and the whole package of the snap in cover plus snap installation is $995. Sounds steep to me but its needed. Thoughts?

Hey guys,

Noob here resurrecting this thread. I have a 2014 SX240 being delivered in May and have a few questions. I will be keeping it in a slip this year. This is the type of slip that you back into stern in and has no port or starboard walkway docks. The lines are secured to pylons on either side. If I have the Yamaha mooring cover, will it be too hard to cover knowing that I can only board the boat from the transom? Does the boat come with snaps normally? When I purchased it, I dont remember it having snaps. If not, how much is it to install snaps? If I should get the snap cover, buy the one from JBP? Thanks in advance

No, in fact it's the best way to do it. - in my opinion - to install and remove the cover from the transom while in a slip.

Here's how you do it.

When the cover is on the boat, you unclip the fasteners at the stern and pull the cover up off the rub rail and rear cleats. You want to fold the cover lengthwise in thirds - flip the right corner towards the center, followed by the left. Start rolling the cover up towards the bow. Flip it into the cockpit just past the seats. This is when you step into the boat and reach over and un-snap the straps that run along the sides - do both sides and reach forward and lift the cover off the cleats amidships.

Go back to the small rolled up part of the cover and flip the material up over the sides again (both sides) towards the center - all the while pulling rearward to help it stay folded in thirds- continue rolling all the way to the windshield, then drop the rolled up cover over the windshield into the bow - I sometimes leave the bow cover on underneath - otherwise I have the filler cushion for the cover to land on...

Open the windshield pick up the rolled portion of the cover, snug it up by pulling rearward and finish rolling towards the bow. I then fold it in half and either stow it in the tow vehicle or if at a dock I put it under a forward bench seat.

Installation is the reverse, Slip the nose of the cover over the bow and unroll towards the rear - holding the rolled cover up as you close the windshield as you move rearward. Stop along the way as needed to do the cleats, straps, etc.:cool:

Back