• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E Series Boat or Ridesteady

The warranty length is not as helpful if they take your boat for a season to fix something (previous Yamaha experience on this board). The value of the warranty is in the execution. It sounds like the relationship with the dealers for MasterCraft has been very positive, having warranty service done well and expediently, so you can get back to boating, that is worth $$$. Please share you experiences with the dealers to help folks make informed decisions.

Congratulations on such nice machines! Nothing like the best tool for the job at hand.

The warranty length is not as helpful if they take your boat for a season to fix something (previous Yamaha experience on this board). The value of the warranty is in the execution. It sounds like the relationship with the dealers for MasterCraft has been very positive, having warranty service done well and expediently, so you can get back to boating, that is worth $$$. Please share you experiences with the dealers to help folks make informed decisions.

Congratulations on such nice machines! Nothing like the best tool for the job at hand.

As with any boat, a reliable dealer is critical to your overall experience. I can only speak to my personal Mastercarft dealer (Boat House Marine in Cleveland) but they have been excellent. All work has been done on time with good communication. Example: end of last season I had them winterize the boat and take care of a few minor warranty items. Some warranty parts weren't available due to supply chain, so they offered to get the parts over the winter and they would finish the work in the spring before boating season. Flash forward to now, I took them the boat and they had those parts already waiting for me. Took about a week of service and I'm ready for the season now.

In my case, it helps that this Mastercraft dealer is a smaller operation than the other local dealer that sells Yamaha (with a lot of different boat brands) and is a much busier place. Everything takes longer there. During the 2021 season, the Connext screen on my Yamaha died and I asked that Yamaha dealer to replace it under warranty. Two problems - (1) they couldn't get the part from Yamaha and basically told me to go find one myself and they'd install it; except (2) the service wait time would be 1-2 months for that install under warranty. Basically - to use my Yamaha warranty in that situation would have meant losing HALF of our very short boating season in Ohio. I scoured a bunch of other dealers around the country to find the part myself and installed it (takes literally 5 minutes). Sucked up the $900 part cost but didn't lose the season over it, which was more important to me.

Back