• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ease of surfing setup?

Here's a vid of the above. Very hard for my wife to keep the speed steady, as others have noted. You can see slack start to build in the rope, but it doesn't last long.

So, RideSteady for next season, plus more ballast, human and otherwise. I'm discouraged but hopeful that I can eventually get it dialed. It's been hard to get enough people to come out and surf, which I couldn't have imagined would be a problem 😓

I enjoy reading forums but I never join them. However I registered to respond to you. I assume by now you have figured out your setup. I have a '23 yamaha 195S that we surf with. I have the wake booster along with 4 ballast bags, all by wakemaker. I have a 490 lbs in the bow, a 125 lbs starboard side, a 365 lbs portside (under the rear seats), and a 900 lbs bag port side on the swim deck. I don't have speed control but this setup works.

I enjoy reading forums but I never join them. However I registered to respond to you. I assume by now you have figured out your setup. I have a '23 yamaha 195S that we surf with. I have the wake booster along with 4 ballast bags, all by wakemaker. I have a 490 lbs in the bow, a 125 lbs starboard side, a 365 lbs portside (under the rear seats), and a 900 lbs bag port side on the swim deck. I don't have speed control but this setup works.
1880 lbs is a lot of ballast for that boat. is the back transom under water? We went ropeless on our 21 195s with the booster 400 on the transom, 365 in the ski locker and 3 adults

I haven't got it quite figured out yet :/

I have a 400 pound bag for the transom, a 375 pound bag for the ski locker (although I guess I could put it somewhere else as well) and the Wake Booster.

I'm hoping to give it another try this weekend with both bags full and 6 people in the boat.

"We went ropeless on our 21 195s with the booster 400 on the transom, 365 in the ski locker and 3 adults"

I had that exact setup earlier in the summer but it wasn't enough for me to go ropeless. Didn't have the Wake Booster at that time, though.

The 125lbs is full, the other 2 bags in the boat form to the shape of the compartment so they’re not completely full. The bag on the swim deck is at least 90% full or more. 2 adults, 2 grown daughters (of course one of us will be in the water) are also on the boat. The swim deck is level with the water, it will lap up on there but not under water. It is a load. With the wake booster on also, about 11 mph is all I can get out of the boat. We surf between 9-10mph.

Back