• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

eBikes?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a dog that needs exercise, he usually get it from the dog park but there is a dog virus going around so I temporarily stop taking him to the dog park. I take him daily on 3 to 5 mile jog/walk daily but could never get him tired. I decided to purchase an ebike so I can make him chase me for miles til he is tired lol. I can also use to haul small cooler to remote fishing spots. I picked this one cause its american made and most importantly they claim the battery have fire proof casing so I dont accidentally burn my house or garage lol. Anyone have experience with this brand? Mine is on the way so any negative would be too late it suppose to arrive tomorrow lol. This is one of those foldable bike that fits almost any car, I will also take on my RV trips as well. XP Lite Lectric Blue eBike | Lightweight eBike | Lectric eBikes
Sea is raging FL in east coastIMG_0215.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hope you give us a review of your new bike. Seems like a lot of bike for the money.

We (wife and I) have been looking primarily at Rad and R.E.I. bikes. Both of these bikes have removable, locking batteries.

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hope you give us a review of your new bike. Seems like a lot of bike for the money.

We (wife and I) have been looking primarily at Rad and R.E.I. bikes. Both of these bikes have removable, locking batteries.

Jim
I sure will when I get it. I also got the Carry Package (Free) and I ordered comfort package and cargo package as well. Will review soon.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been looking for standard (not folding) e-bikes recently and from what I’ve seen, this bike for $750 with a 15 to 40 mile throttle range is a great deal. The specialized bikes I saw a few weeks ago started at $2,000 and $2,200 for the female and male, respectively, entry level models. Both had similar ranges to the Subject folding bike.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve been looking for standard (not folding) e-bikes recently and from what I’ve seen, this bike for $750 with a 15 to 40 mile throttle range is a great deal. The specialized bikes I saw a few weeks ago started at $2,000 and $2,200 for the female and male, respectively, entry level models. Both had similar ranges to the Subject folding bike.
Thank you Ronnie, it has good review in youtube, and yes price is very good and tech support is all in US.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went through the process of buying ebikes early this year. We settled on KBO Breeze step thru. They are getting lots of use and have crashed a few times but are holding up great. For those looking it is my recommendation.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wife bought a Gazelle a couple of years ago. She loves riding it, as she can pass me on my non e-bike Trek, when she wants to. The Burlington Bike Path is a favorite place to ride.
I would like a fat tire e-bike eventually.
20210820_165630.jpg
20220331_213159.jpg
7F483E40-64A5-49D0-8001-0D89B0E6DA12.jpeg

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got the bike, it is pre-assembled and literally take less than 5min from opening the box and riding. Impressed with the quality, no loose parts and welds are good. I tested last night and ended up riding around the neighborhood for 45min. I am mostly using pedal assist 1, and im at 12mph it feels so light to pedal like i didn't even sweat lol. Btw this is direct drive (no gear) version. I would say its ok in Florida cause we dont have hills to climb etc, I cannot test that part of it if it can handle hill climb but it seems it has lots of power when i did full throttle hit 23mph on flat ground (no pedal). The seat that came with it is comfy but i didnt ride long, I also have the comfort package with bigger seat with suspension. The cargo package maybe useful one day but i dont think i will install it for now. They have portable inflator that worked well from 14psi (shipping psi) to 32psi took 30 seconds each tire, downside is drained the battery in half to inflate both tire. Their bike lock is decent and looks strong I havent tried it. The light of the bike is not bright enough, maybe for casual slow ride its ok but when you going 15mph, no time to avoid puddle but i seen some upgrade option in youtube if I ever need it during the summer.IMG_4219.jpegIMG_4220.jpegIMG_4221.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Any impressions after having the bike for six weeks?

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any impressions after having the bike for six weeks?

Jim
hey Jim still very good, very easy to load in the car and I ended up riding longer distances knowing that if I get tired I can just use electric to ride back home. I use electric to accelerate to speed and then pedal rest of the time. Battery last long I only charge once a week since i only use battery as assist. the little tire is not too good at the trail so my air pressure is 30psi instead of 35, helps a little bit. But on pavement its a dream and would recommend. If you are into hardcore trail riding, probably knobier and bigger tire is better but this one works for me cause i dont go fast in the trail.IMG_4240.jpegIMG_4229.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Glad that you are enjoying the bike! :winkingthumbsup"

What do you think about the single gear?

I presume the battery is in the frame. Does it remove to charge?

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad that you are enjoying the bike! :winkingthumbsup"

What do you think about the single gear?

I presume the battery is in the frame. Does it remove to charge?

Jim
Well the single gear is ok, im not a strong biker so I use electric to get it up to speed but its not bad you can use it without assist as long as its not a big uphill climb (im in florida so not too concerned about uphill). The battery charge in the frame but you can pull it out and charge externally (havent done it but saw youtube vids) and you can bring extra battery and get your range longer is it very easy to remove and replace battery. The main plus in this bike is portability, I have considered the lectric 3.0 but its heavier and bulkier I want to bring this bike in my rv when camping or even just doing road trips it doesnt take much space in the car. If I would just ride locally and not bring it with me on trips, I would probably pick the Lectric 3.0 with gears for just another $200 on top of the lite price.

EDIT: Just in addition, some electric bike have pedal assist only where you can turn on and off, Lectric bike have independent throttle that you can use without pedaling, I believe its call class 2 or class B. Classification is something like class 1, pedal assist only, class 2 independent throttle enabled, class 3 over 35 mph.

Last edited: