• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ECU / Injector issue or am I over thinking

Mighty_Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s something I’ve never looked at. Thoughts on tests for that? The injector that stays open for me is cylinder #3.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had not realized you had already diagnosed the issue as an open injector. I don't think there's a fix for that other than ECM. The sooner the better because if it opens at the wrong time it can blow up the engine.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s something I’ve never looked at. Thoughts on tests for that? The injector that stays open for me is cylinder #3.
Have you checked your oil level yet ? is it overfilled or smell like gas ?

Has you boat been exposed to rain without the cover on or washing it down where water may have been directed at the engine hatch for an extended period?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If its the ecu then u will have to much oil due to gas contamination .. I sent my ecu off to a place called carmo and just got it back.. They fixed it and its ready to be put back in.

Mighty_Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, this is already a new ECU. Put it in last year. Ran great for a while and now it’s back. I have the old ecu that was repaired by carmo and I want to put that back in because I opted for the heavy duty injector outputs but I’m hesitant to put that in if the problem will come back and ruin that one too. My injectors all tested fine. It’s just weird that holding down the switch on the trim tab would make it run smooth again. Also, new plugs will help for about two weekends then back to the same issue. I’m grasping at straws now.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does your boat have a voltage display? Can you see if it shows anything weird when this happens?

The only thing the switch does is lower your voltage... Can you try other voltage reducing items next time, like your blower switch?

I had a broken voltage gauge long time ago on another boat, it read very high, I thought it was the voltage regulator. I would turn on the blower and the voltage would return to "normal", so I thought the regulator was damaged.

After much tinkering figured out the gauge was showing 17v at 14.5v...
Regulator was fine, it was the gauge.

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New 2007 AR230 owner, this forum has a been an amazing resource and wanted to ask a few question to see what others thought of an issue I possibly may be having. So I recently changed the plugs and oil, the oil was a little over filled in both engines but was not in the air filter. I did notice a smell of gas from the oil which I know is not normal. I haven't had any issues and have been monitoring the oil level the past week and haven't noticed any significant changes, but there is a faint smell of gas in the new oil. A few questions.

1. Is it normal to have some gas go into the oil from running at idle? Or possibly from rings (engine has 250hrs)
2. What are the chances I would be having the same issue on both engines at the same time (gas smell is in both oil)
3. I ordered Yamaha ring free additive to run through and see if it helps at all and other additives I should try?
4. Should I be looking for any symptoms of a bad ECU or bad injector?

The engines have been running fine 10k rpms and about 50 mph. Being new to the boat I don't know if it has been using any additional gas. Any help or ideas is appreciated.
HALLO
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
MODEL of boat SRT 1100-D. VIN YAMCS384D505
Computer in the box has these numbers :6P6-00, F8 T94874, 5129
Outer computer has these numbers : SH 678B-13, G4D.3
Do you have something like that ?I can send pictures if you like .
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

Attachments

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, this is already a new ECU. Put it in last year. Ran great for a while and now it’s back. I have the old ecu that was repaired by carmo and I want to put that back in because I opted for the heavy duty injector outputs but I’m hesitant to put that in if the problem will come back and ruin that one too. My injectors all tested fine. It’s just weird that holding down the switch on the trim tab would make it run smooth again. Also, new plugs will help for about two weekends then back to the same issue. I’m grasping at straws now.
HALLO
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

Attachments

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HALLO
Kind regards,
Roman

Attachments