• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

electrical problem 2017 scarab 165

do_scarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
there is no light on the boat that works and the blower does not work
there's just the pump switch that works
I checked the 2 fuse boxes and none is burnt.
could it be the fuse box that is damaged?

Icône de traduction vérifiée par la communauté

Context is important. Is this a boat you purchased used? Because what to investigate will highly depend on if it was your boat since te beginning or not.

Check your wires at the battery. Are they all connected?
Check the fuse box in front of the driver, there's a diode in there that plays a role with your lights. Make sure it's seated correctly.
Is your blower possibly burned out?

This type of work involves you checking voltages at different points of the electrical paths. A multimeter would be very useful. Check to see if there is voltage at different points.

it's a second-hand boat
in addition to navigation lights that work
not the small light on the switch does not work.

So if you don't have lights on the switch, then no power is getting there. You aren't clear. Are you saying your navigation lights DO or do NOT work? When you mentioned lights in the first message, were you talking about navigation lights or cluster lights?

You'll have to explain and/or do a thorough investigation as to what's going on.

Is this a new battery? Who connected the wires to it? Are there wires NOT connected? Which wires are connected currently?

Troubleshooting like this over a forum system isn't ideal. If you request help, you need to be clear and specific.

sorry -navigation lights not working-courtesy light not working-blower not working-light switches not working-
but the pump switch light and the pump works.

a large red cable connects to the battery on the positive
plus 3 small red cable with fuse [which have been checked] on the positive

People make significant electrical changes to their boats all the time. This will a lot of work to figure out over a forum. You're going to need to investigate things.

There's a big master red switch... are all the wires correctly connected inside?

Bilge pump is usually connected directly to the battery. The rest connects through the big red switch typically. You'll need to follow electrical paths and test starting at the battery. Follow the wires, test the voltage at each connection point. Eventually you'll figure it out.

Based on your description, sounds like some main wires are not connected correctly or broken/loose. But where? That's where testing voltages will come into play.

And I'll state the obvious here.... the big red switch IS on right? Because that master switch turn everything off except the bilge pump typically.

sorry i just bought the boat and i don't know where the big red switch is
do all scarab 165 have this big red switch? because I looked for it and I can't find it

If it wasn't modified, yes. It's right beside the battery. Mounted on the fiberglass. It's a dial... rotates. Looks like this:

pic

Attachments

• 1681226351852.png
    1681226351852.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I will check that thank you

So, if you're new to this boat (and/or boating in general), please do yourself a big favor. Go and read manuals. You will learn a lot. Save yourself a lot of trouble and most importantly, learn to not break anything.

When buying used, you are on your own with nobody to teach you certain specific aspects of the boat. There are rules/guidelines. Some of which, if not followed, will BREAK your boat. Some mistakes can be very costly.

Here's some recommended reading:

Scarab Owner's Manual: Scarab Jet Boats | Owners | Owners Manuals
Scarab Product Info: Scarab Jet Boats | Owners | Product Information Guides
BRP Operator's manual: https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/

For the last one, select "Rotax>JPS>two letter code, AA = 2014 onward.>Engine HP.

If you go and read those, you'll learn TONS.

I have had several boats and I have them all the time repaired myself but may have electrical problems
I thank you for the manual I will rout read them.
thank you very much and have a good day.

I disassembled the dashboard and there were 3 connections behind the switches that were disconnected lol

Back