• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Electrically Powered Towers and Tower Height?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm more curious about the headroom height inside the boat, I have over 6'-6" in the 2015 212X, but I heard the newer towers have less headroom. It's one dimension that I've never seen for any boat, but it's pretty important for tall people like myself.
jedi-mind-trick-obi-wan1.jpg
Sorry, I had to. Check out the boat show and see if the inside height is good. My 2019, 212x only has two pins that drop the tower.

Cgeetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a 205 four Winns 235 SS with a power tower. I miss it so much! I had to have it fixed once and the motor was a very simple looking unit, very much like an electric trim ram on trim tabs. I’m actively looking into getting this put on my new 242 limited S. If anyone has anymore info please let me know and I’ll share what I find as well.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just completed actuators on my 2019 AR195 tower. It is working great. I am just doing some more testing before I put a video and a write up. I used chain obtained from Home Depot to attach to the stop bolts of the tower cable. I then used linear actuators (Windy Nation) that I got from Amazon. I am able to power raise and lower tower with the momentary switch that was supplied in the kit. Total cost was approximately $200.00.

Cgeetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just completed actuators on my 2019 AR195 tower. It is working great. I am just doing some more testing before I put a video and a write up. I used chain obtained from Home Depot to attach to the stop bolts of the tower cable. I then used linear actuators (Windy Nation) that I got from Amazon. I am able to power raise and lower tower with the momentary switch that was supplied in the kit. Total cost was approximately $200.00.
That is amazing new and please please share what you find. Can’t wait!