• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Electronic reverse buckets - 2016 or newer?

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am hunting down a used 243 but an electronic reverse bucket is a must. We are upgrading from a 2010 Sea Doo 210 Challenger.

Is it correct in assuming the new cast aluminum throttle control means the boat has an electronic reverse bucket or "iNR" and ANY boat with the old more traditional style throttle BRP has used for years doesn't have iNR. I ask because I thought 2016 boats had the iNR function but they all seem to have the old throttle.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
The iNR came out in 2017. Your thought of throttle material as an indicator is good.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thank you, I thought it came out in 2016 as an upgrade option. Either way it doesn't matter I will focus on the throttle control as an indicator.