• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

electronic throttle

Shady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What year did the 240 start using the electronic throttle? Reading online i have saw various years reported. I also searched on here and didnt see.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What year did the 240 start using the electronic throttle? Reading online i have saw various years reported. I also searched on here and didnt see.
So, I'm no authority on this topic but I had a clue on where to look. Hydrophase makes the Ridesteady system for all Yamaha jet boat models equip with a accelerator position sensor (APS). On non E-series models, this sensor converts the position of the mechanical throttle at the helm into the electronic signal the ECU manages. I'm not sure how it's all controlled on the E-series models. From Hydrophase's website it lists the compatible model years for the 240 & 242 as being 2010-current. So that should be your answer.
Mechanical or Yamaha Jet Boat Throttle? | HYDROPHASE LLC

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you mean electronic throttle control at the engine, where the throttle is controlled by APS, the answer above is correct. These boats may still have a control/analog/physical cable to control the signal from the helm.

If you mean electronic throttle controls at the helm / drive by wire, the answer is different. Only certain high end models have that.

Can you clarify what you mean by electronic throttle?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015+ all 242 E-series and 242X.

--

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In 2010 Yamaha started using 1.8L engines with a TPS/APS. Prior years using 1.1L MR-1's have no TPS and throttle cable from the helm connects directly to the throttle body, with no electronic interface. If you mean E-series, electronic controls than @swatski has the answer.

Last edited:

Shady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you mean electronic throttle control at the engine, where the throttle is controlled by APS, the answer above is correct. These boats may still have a control/analog/physical cable to control the signal from the helm.

If you mean electronic throttle controls at the helm / drive by wire, the answer is different. Only certain high end models have that.

Can you clarify what you mean by electronic throttle?
I was referring ot the fly by wire. Sorry i wasnt clear enough, i was unaware of the differences which I think I s why I couldn’t find my answer. I see it was answered thanks all