• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Emptying the ballast.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My center ballast is about 60% full and I cannot seem to empty it.

In the connext screen all three ballast are listed as empty, clicking drain does nothing.

to try to resolve the issue I filled all three ballast to 100% and then selected drain all. After a bit of time, the back two are completely empty the center ballast about 60% full.

I then enter settings mode (for lack of a better term). Hold down Sys ctrl for a few seconds until the screen changes. In there i followed the prompts for calibrating ballast. The end of the calibration leaves you with water in the tanks, I then hit drain all. I didn't have time to wait, so I docked, that was yesterday. Today I went back and the center ballast still is~60% full. Hitting drain doesn't do anything because the system thinks its empty.

Any way to drain all bags regardless of what the system thinks?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dont have connext or a factory center locker bag. Do you have a separate pump for the center locker? Maybe thats the issue? I've never pulled my factory bags out to see the connection from hose to bag..maybe disconnect from there to manually drain or disconnect at the pump to manually drain, until you get the whole connext thing figured out. I installed valves to isolate port and starboard ballst and it was just hose clamps to remove the hoses. Once disconnected I would think you could gravity drain to the bilge.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe the skip locker has its own pump. Maybe I'll pull the plug and just let it drain into the locker? If I can empty the bag, I guess connext will be caught up (thinking the bag is empty).

I do get a warning that I have to have a valve open before using ballast. I assume the value is in the correct position as I can definitely fill and drain the rear ballasts.

jgrushack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have had that issue with the center ballast. My solution was to hold the settings button for 5 seconds until the diagnostics menus pop up. Then if you go to ballasts there's an option for flush out ballasts. Depending on the amount of water, it's gonna take a lot of cycles to get it all out but its what has worked for me

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been in the settings screen, I pressed drain all etc. I also went through the calibration of the bag (but started out with water so that might be off). I'll press drain a few more times and see if I can empty that way, otherwise, it's open the plug.

jgrushack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've been in the settings screen, I pressed drain all etc. I also went through the calibration of the bag (but started out with water so that might be off). I'll press drain a few more times and see if I can empty that way, otherwise, it's open the plug.
it's not the standard settings screen. You need the diagnostics screen accessed by holding the settings button down until it pops up. Here you will see "Flush out ballasts"
defintiely dont need a jumper cable.

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My center ballast is about 60% full and I cannot seem to empty it.

In the connext screen all three ballast are listed as empty, clicking drain does nothing.

to try to resolve the issue I filled all three ballast to 100% and then selected drain all. After a bit of time, the back two are completely empty the center ballast about 60% full.

I then enter settings mode (for lack of a better term). Hold down Sys ctrl for a few seconds until the screen changes. In there i followed the prompts for calibrating ballast. The end of the calibration leaves you with water in the tanks, I then hit drain all. I didn't have time to wait, so I docked, that was yesterday. Today I went back and the center ballast still is~60% full. Hitting drain doesn't do anything because the system thinks its empty.

Any way to drain all bags regardless of what the system thinks?
Any updates? Have you fixed your Ballast?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The jumper cable takes care of multiple issues . The timers on the boat are a great concept but they are very inaccurate. The cable is a quick override to fill or empty any bag. As the impellers age they get deformed from the shape in the impeller channel the system will notice a higher current draw and throw a code and not operate . The cable can get the pump to spin and if a pump fails you can get a connector and hose to fill or empty any bag with any pump. You can also have a connection with valve and use it as an emergency sump pump. The dreaded word winterization very easy to run some antifreeze through the system to eliminate any damage from freezing 🥶