• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Engine Mods ??

Well... on mine, I've done the intake spacers and non-restrictive air filters that fit into the OEM slots. Once I get the boat back from the dealer (and as soon as the wife lets me take it out) I will figure out the difference the air filters make. @Williamsone46 says the intake spacers add about 200RPM. Non-restrictive air filters might do some good as well (but I'll know that soon enough)

Well... on mine, I've done the intake spacers and non-restrictive air filters that fit into the OEM slots. Once I get the boat back from the dealer (and as soon as the wife lets me take it out) I will figure out the difference the air filters make. @Williamsone46 says the intake spacers add about 200RPM. Non-restrictive air filters might do some good as well (but I'll know that soon enough)
That's interesting. I thought the MR1 engines were governored as they could actually go into the 15000 rpm range but the impellers would not gain any thrust in that range. Are your 1.8's not governed? I've only installed the tow valves.

@Gym They are governed @ 8000 rpm, But @sysinu and myself live at 4500 ft elevation so we only turn around 6200-6800 rpm stock. If someone that lives at sea level that is already getting around 7600 rpm wanted to mod their boat they would just have to re-pitch their impellers down a little.

Reactions: Gym
I noticed that I would get up to 7800rpm, but the last week the motors went up to 7900rpm's and have stayed that way ever since. I am about 45 hours, so I wonder if the engine's are finally "Broken in", thus getting upto 7900rpm @sysinu, let me know if the other air filter's actually make a difference. That's an easy mod I would be interested in if it helps the engine.

Has anyone ever thought of putting an air vent on the engine latch facing the center of the boat, sort of like what some people do when they install enclosed sub's?

I noticed that I would get up to 7800rpm, but the last week the motors went up to 7900rpm's and have stayed that way ever since. I am about 45 hours, so I wonder if the engine's are finally "Broken in", thus getting upto 7900rpm @sysinu, let me know if the other air filter's actually make a difference. That's an easy mod I would be interested in if it helps the engine.

Has anyone ever thought of putting an air vent on the engine latch facing the center of the boat, sort of like what some people do when they install enclosed sub's?

You could open up the fire hole more. The engines will only seem louder though. More speed usually means more noise.

@Gym They are governed @ 8000 rpm, But @sysinu and myself live at 4500 ft elevation so we only turn around 6200-6800 rpm stock. If someone that lives at sea level that is already getting around 7600 rpm wanted to mod their boat they would just have to re-pitch their impellers down a little.
Thanks for the clarification @Williamsone46. I'm a sea level guy so I didn't consider the altitude.

Back