• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine not on Title

BPSY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently bought a used Yamaha AR192. I was putting away the title and realized the engine is not listed. Engine make, serial number and hp are all blank. I checked with the previous owner and he said the engine was never listed on his title (he bought it used too). Is this normal for a jet boat? Or do I need to try to get the engine added to the title? If I do need to get the engine added, any thoughts on how I would do that at this point?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
This is normal down in Florida when you buy a boat with outboard engines, so that you only pay taxes on the hull and not the engines. Normally on inboard engines they are include it in the title, but I would not worry about it, if anything you will be paying less taxes.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is normal down in Florida when you buy a boat with outboard engines, so that you only pay taxes on the hull and not the engines. Normally on inboard engines they are include it in the title, but I would not worry about it, if anything you will be paying less taxes.
What he said.

BPSY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank for the reply! I hadn’t considered the taxes…my concern was running into difficulty when it came time for me to sell it without the engine listed. But it sounds like you are saying that will not be an issue? Thanks again.