• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine over heating, no pee hole water

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tdonoughue & @haknslash Thanks for the feedback. Next time out I will check to see at idle if I have flow coming out of the side outlets. (I have always checked once underway, but generally that’s ~2k RPMs), and I wasn’t certain if the MR1’s exhibited the same behavior as the 1.8Ls.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tdonoughue & @haknslash Thanks for the feedback. Next time out I will check to see at idle if I have flow coming out of the side outlets. (I have always checked once underway, but generally that’s ~2k RPMs), and I wasn’t certain if the MR1’s exhibited the same behavior as the 1.8Ls.
On mine I get no water out the pee hole until I am accelerating .

Last edited:

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a 2015 SX210, no water out pee holes until accelerating hard. Nothing at all at idle speed. Ran the boat hard all Memorial weekend with no issues. Today, after about 30 minutes I got a high temperature alarm but water is still shooting out both pissers. Any suggestions? We are currently anchored and swimming, so what should I check?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what type of driving were you doing for 30 minutes, a lot of idling? were you going full speed?

do you have four indicator streams or two?

If all the streams are flowing hard I would guess you had something in your grates or impellers introducing air into the cooling water,

check your cleanout ports/impellers and try to feel the intake grates to make sure there's not a Walmart bag stuck on it,

then idle and see if the alarm comes back,

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what type of driving were you doing for 30 minutes, a lot of idling? were you going full speed?

do you have four indicator streams or two?

If all the streams are flowing hard I would guess you had something in your grates or impellers introducing air into the cooling water,

check your cleanout ports/impellers and try to feel the intake grates to make sure there's not a Walmart bag stuck on it,

then idle and see if the alarm comes back,
Pulling a tube, 20-30mph. This boat only has 2 streams of water coming out, both are working fine at speed. I pulled the clean out plugs and didn’t see anything. Do I need to turn battery switch off before reaching way down in there?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't ever remember when they switched from 4 streams to 2.

I don't ever disconnect the battery, the cleanout hatch has a kill switch that doesn't allow the starter to even engage when the hatch is open you should be ok but whatever makes you feel safer,

try to feel around the impeller shaft and where the impeller touches the wear ring incase something is wedged between the two,

I would start it back up and chances are you're going to be ok,

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a 2015 SX210, no water out pee holes until accelerating hard. Nothing at all at idle speed. Ran the boat hard all Memorial weekend with no issues. Today, after about 30 minutes I got a high temperature alarm but water is still shooting out both pissers. Any suggestions? We are currently anchored and swimming, so what should I check?
the water does not come out until you idle up on the motor in our boats (2015 sx210) . Mine never has since brand new.

The high temp alarm could have been a blockage.

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just reached in shoulder deep, lol, didn’t feel or see anything. After we eat/swim, we shall see. Hopefully nothing, or whatever was there is gone.