• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

EPNOC Grease

question of the day ... how do you pack the rear bearing !???

I just checked, the grease I bough last time is in fact unavailable.

I must say though, besides the color, I felt it was more "runny" than the old pasty-color EPNOC, so maybe they are converging on using the slurry approach?

Crazy how many things appear out of stock...

--

question of the day ... how do you pack the rear bearing !???
As I understand it, you use the slurry and the idea is it's thin enough to work it's way into all of the places it needs to. Not so much packing as removing the original and replacing with something thinner that works it's way in on it's own.

I just checked, the grease I bough last time is in fact unavailable.

I must say though, besides the color, I felt it was more "runny" than the old pasty-color EPNOC, so maybe they are converging on using the slurry approach?

Crazy how many things appear out of stock...

--
I've given up on ordering it. Partzilla and a few other places have put it on "No clue when this will arrive" backorder

I've given up on ordering it. Partzilla and a few other places have put it on "No clue when this will arrive" backorder

FWIW, I called Riva earlier today and they had it in stock. Waiting on my shipping confirmation to confirm… as i tried ordering that and the gaskets for my cone pumps a few weeks back from other suppliers and keep getting the unknown ETA.

Not in a rush, just trying to get the parts for the off season.

I mixed up a bunch of the slurry. It's about the same consistency as syrup. According to what I've read this should work well, or my bearings blow up. The boat is 13 years old, and if they go, they go. My suspicion is that the original grease isn't doing much lubrication anyway at this point.

The boat is 13 years old, and if they go, they go.
Those bearings can be replaced without huge expense. However, what worries me are some unfortunate cases were a shuttered bearings led to blown engines, albeit I can only recall it for 1.8 engines, so no gear reduction. I tend to "listen" to the pumps for any obvious rattling noises, and keep my fingers crossed.

--

Those bearings can be replaced without huge expense. However, what worries me are some unfortunate cases were a shuttered bearings led to blown engines, albeit I can only recall it for 1.8 engines, so no gear reduction. I tend to "listen" to the pumps for any obvious rattling noises, and keep my fingers crossed.

--
I believe mine are 1.8

Back