• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Everybody list your problems with scarab jet boats here

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Listen...
The fact that the manufacturer can't even prevent the F... ING Cleat bolts from backing out SPEAKS VOLUMES about quality.
I had all my cleats missing on the side I was tying off to the dock at by the end of season last year. I ended up using the tower and the tow hook at the back until I could pull the boat to my shop 3 hours away.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gents,

This is a great idea. I know there are some dealers that come here to learn more of what has been happening out in the real world with our boats. I can move some threads, and make them links in the first post of the thread, or I can sticky this thread, and move it to the repository. Up to you guys..

Now one thing about how to properly build knowledge based threads like this, try to keep the tone informative. Be professional, and avoid making your posts sound argumentative.

Also,

@PapaBear Collinite Fleetwax is your friend! I used to be on salt water all the time. This wax was a lifesaver. Also CRC 656 on your engine bay, and jet drive.
I agree with the CRC 656. I used it regularly on my Honda ski and the ski looked like new when I sold it after 400 hours of engine run-time, 300 of hhose hours in slat water. I would spray it on the pump after cleaning the boat, and on the engine.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I agree with the CRC 656. I used it regularly on my Honda ski and the ski looked like new when I sold it after 400 hours of engine run-time, 300 of hhose hours in slat water. I would spray it on the pump after cleaning the boat, and on the engine.
Thanks guys I just ordered both on Amazon

SCARAB1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I am compiling a list of everybody that is having problems with scarab jet boats so please state your problem and say if it has been fixed or not. I will be submitting this to the manufacture when I get a big enough list.
Please contact me regarding the SCARB issues......The largest fraud Rotax has going is with the INR systems that they have installed knowing the INR is flawed causing a huge number of other problems from Relays to failures of the Reverse module. I am in the process of of compiling a class action suit and need others to submit their problems and contact information. I can be reached at Sailortrawler@gmail.com

SCARAB1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I am compiling a list of everybody that is having problems with scarab jet boats so please state your problem and say if it has been fixed or not. I will be submitting this to the manufacture when I get a big enough list.
Contact me at Sailortrawler@gmail.com