• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Evidence of Cavitation?

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha is only replacing the impeller. I can see some wear on the housing so I'm going to change them on my own dime.
I'm leaning toward plastic inserts right now. I've worked hard to make the boat quieter. This is another step I want to try.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@waterboy, @Ronnie I wonder if some sort of sandable sealant would be a good option. It would be nice to be able to sand or polish after it dries.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my fear is if it is sandable then it is pretty strong. Kind of like using 5200, the pump shoe would never be able to be removed. My guess, and I won't claim to be an expert, is when moving along the sealant to adhesion continuum, you would want something that is more of a sealant with some adhesion. Just my .02. I know there are folks here with much more experience than I have, I am just using my common sense cause I ain't got much smarts... ;)

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So this weekend I got into the starboard pump to investigate my cavitation issues. I took pictures but they didn't focus real well from the phone so sorry I don;t have them to share...

I had a few areas where the old original factory silicone was coming loose as in my earlier description. I removed what I could and resealed. My old repairs on both pumps held up well. I am going to go with what I have and expect things to be OK for next season.

Just wanted to share an update...