• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust temp

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does it have a vibration to it move than it use to? If so I say you have sucked up something try going in reverse and forward a few to see if something comes out. Hope it fixes it ..

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just got a call back from my dealership's service center. My temperature problem came from the bottom painting of my boat, which got done at my dealership (not me lol). They painted right over the coolant plate on the bottom of the boat. Now it all seems to be fixed and I will be getting my baby home tomorrow!! I can't wait.

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I just got a call back from my dealership's service center. My temperature problem came from the bottom painting of my boat, which got done at my dealership (not me lol). They painted right over the coolant plate on the bottom of the boat. Now it all seems to be fixed and I will be getting my baby home tomorrow!! I can't wait.
Thanks for the feedback.

I made an appointment to have it looked at in the case I couldn't resolve the problem. Will see....

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback.

I made an appointment to have it looked at in the case I couldn't resolve the problem. Will see....
So just got a call from Marinemax on my heating problem. So the service guys tells me the pump in the engine was over glued and some of the glue broke off and was circulating in the engine causing the overheating. They said the engine should run in the mid 190's. Everything is good now they say and its covered under warranty. I pick her up tomm so any thing new I'll post.

P.S. @ScarabMike they said I shouldn't have to reset the service light till 100 hrs. I asked about the 25 hr service and they said I was good so we will see what happens

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
My overheating issue is resolved.

The impeller was clear.

I opened the in hull locker and there was coolant. Prior, I had noticed a yellow/green tinge but figured that was due to all the birch pollen floating around. Nope, definitely coolant, my wife figures I'm in denial.

So I had a look at the engine. My first conclusion, was definitely an engine.

The coolant reservoir has an overflow hose going to the bilge, a return hose and a sending hose from the bottom. The way the sending hose was secured with zip ties had it kinked. I figured if that doesn't work for watering the lawn, it won't work in the boat.

I cut the one tie and repositioned the hose working out the kink. Seems to have done the trick. Ran hard for 15 mins, no overheating. I just need to top off the coolant.

This is a relief. Our guests arrive tomorrow so having the boat out for repair would have been disappointing.

Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated.

Jubin.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P.S. @ScarabMike they said I shouldn't have to reset the service light till 100 hrs. I asked about the 25 hr service and they said I was good so we will see what happens
I know the book, and manufacturer recommends 100 hour service, but I would recommend it in half that. At least an oil change. These supercharged engines run at extreme RPMs constantly. Oil no matter how good it is will break down. Its really up to you.

@Jubin Payandeh Usually its something simple as this. There was another member here that had overheating issues @DJMattyT , and he found out the dealer had sprayed anti-fouling paint in the cooling grate. They scraped it off, and now his boat is running good. Now get out there and have fun! We want pics!

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just to add another question to this. My coolant tank is always well below the full line. I top it up and sure enough after a little while it's below the line again. Nothing greenish anyway in the locker or engine compartment. Does the engine keep a significant amount of coolant circulating outside the little coolant tank?