• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expect ramp closings at Lake Ray Roberts

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm not one to worry too much about stuff I can't control. But it is stressful nonetheless. Thanks for your concern and words. I have a bunch of decomposed granite to move back where it was, and a French drain that may need to be replaced. I don't take on some of the stuff I would have at 45-50, so some may get to stay as is or hire a contractor. Lots of watwr this year, that is certain. Thanks again guys.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow! I can't remember how long it's been since the words "flood" and "California" were used in the same sentence but "tornado" is a term I'd never get used to much less be able to live in an area where storm shelters are common. I hope all of you who are impacted get through this and the aftermath safely.

@txav8r , my hats off to you sir, way to stay cool under pressure.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another day in paradise!
image.jpg

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Look at Ray Roberts now. Full pull is 632.50.

upload_2015-5-9_17-29-33.png

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's getting serious! We are watching radar and the next wave is headed in by 9. The news said expect another 2-3 inches of rain by the end of the weekend

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We are up 7.3 ft now. Most camp grounds and picnic tables under water.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, who was praying for rain a few months ago???

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are up 7.3 ft now. Most camp grounds and picnic tables under water.
Wow. Just wow. And, another round about to hit.

I'm guessing we will be just below 10 feet high.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The walkway from parking lot to our boat slip is completely under water now. not that we need it anyway!

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just checked some of the Oklahoma lakes....Eufala and Broken Bow both over full pool. Broken Bow by a whopping 8 feet.

Amazing we've had all this rain.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lewisville is approaching 4 feet over. Going to check on the boat this afternoon hopefully. Will post pictures.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the view from the dock looking out towards the parking lot where we normally park. Our little walk ramp is OC and we must use the one next to us. image.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A short drive NW of the metroplex and we are still around 40% capacity on our lakes. Heck, Bridgeport is still 18 low even after all this flood water. Believe it or not, we need it to continue as we are not even close to drought relief. It has helped quite a bit, but when it rains here it goes to the Red River, which ends up in Texoma more or less. As for Tornadoes, floods, droughts, damaging winds? That is a normal spring day option in Wichita Falls. It would be nice if we could funnel all that extra back our ways just a bit.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A short drive NW of the metroplex and we are still around 40% capacity on our lakes. Heck, Bridgeport is still 18 low even after all this flood water. Believe it or not, we need it to continue as we are not even close to drought relief. It has helped quite a bit, but when it rains here it goes to the Red River, which ends up in Texoma more or less. As for Tornadoes, floods, droughts, damaging winds? That is a normal spring day option in Wichita Falls. It would be nice if we could funnel all that extra back our ways just a bit.
Come and get it. We will give you all you want.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting they have basically closed all the gates everywhere except Ray Roberts. Lavon is going up and they had the gates open and now closed, Lewisville gates are essentially closed and Grapevine too. I'm sure they don't want to flood downstream of the gates since there is so much water from the storms. With more rain this week I can't see them opening gates much either.

You can see the current elevations and release data here http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Hopefully we will have some serviceable lakes soon. Only taken the new boat out once and I feel like I have a giant mosquito bite with this itch to get out.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Hopefully we will have some serviceable lakes soon. Only taken the new boat out once and I feel like I have a giant mosquito bite with this itch to get out.
Hubbard is fine now but it's more the weather. I know others have ramps, parking lots and parks flooded. Who wants to go out in thunderstorms and rain?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I drove through our Marina this morning and basically 90% of the docks are inaccessible.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pecan creek access closed at RR, and the bridge across the west main fork between Valley View and Tioga on FM 922 is closed and underwater.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw that Ray Roberts is now less than a foot until flood stage!