• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expect ramp closings at Lake Ray Roberts

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been reading this forum for several months now and this is my first post. I just could not hold out any longer. I just bought my second Yamaha boat after selling my 07 AR230 two years ago. We decided to go all out with our new (old) 2012 242 LS and put her in a slip at Highport Marina on a lift. I've been out about five times over the last six weeks lovin life and wishing for the warmer weather to get here and stay. I was one of those guys praying for rain about 6 weeks ago, but enough is enough. So, now I'm starting to worry if my new toy is going to float away along with the docks at Texoma.

Figures, just my luck! I've spent the last two months rigging the boat, cleaning, waxing and started some of the mods noted all over this forum and now I can't use her or probably even get to her by land as many of the boathouses are only accessible by boat. Hmm, I guess that gives new meaning to boathouse.

I'm hoping to get up there this weekend so HO pefully she is where I left her last, give or take 20 feet.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been reading this forum for several months now and this is my first post. I just could not hold out any longer. I just bought my second Yamaha boat after selling my 07 AR230 two years ago. We decided to go all out with our new (old) 2012 242 LS and put her in a slip at Highport Marina on a lift. I've been out about five times over the last six weeks lovin life and wishing for the warmer weather to get here and stay. I was one of those guys praying for rain about 6 weeks ago, but enough is enough. So, now I'm starting to worry if my new toy is going to float away along with the docks at Texoma.

Figures, just my luck! I've spent the last two months rigging the boat, cleaning, waxing and started some of the mods noted all over this forum and now I can't use her or probably even get to her by land as many of the boathouses are only accessible by boat. Hmm, I guess that gives new meaning to boathouse.

I'm hoping to get up there this weekend so HO pefully she is where I left her last, give or take 20 feet.
Hang in there. Calm seas and sunny days will come!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First off, @Manchild , welcome to the status of non-lurker! :) Excellent to have you among us.

That is certainly a scary thought! Friends who have a lift that I know (jet and non-jet) always drop at least a loose line between the bow cleat and a post, just in case... Anyway, a thought for next time.

Meanwhile, keeping good thoughts for your baby!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @Manchild and congrats on the upgrade! I have been around Lake Texoma all my life, and I have seen both low and high lake levels. And when high, it always seems to get press, and pictures then adorn the walls of the restaurant and offices at the marinas and local digs. It never makes it easy, to have a depreciating asset your spending money on, that you can't use. The weather will change, so will the lake level, and great days will follow. As for the boathouse or any other storage consideration, keep good insurance and leave the worry to that company. You could remove the boat from the boathouse and store in dry storage someplace, but it too could suffer some event that is not too common. At least we have the forum and can commiserate together! Once again, welcome and congrats!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have ever been to Sneaky Petes on Lewisville then you know how far this cabana bar is from the water. The deck is normally 6-8 feet from the ground and then the normal water line is probably 20-30 feet from the base. image.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the I-35 bridge. A wakeboard tower won't fit under it at this time. image.jpg

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigN8 I like the writing on the bridge. All from 2007 when the lake hit the spillway.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So it's one of those swim up cabana bars now, huh! Been to Sneaky Petes several times but I never thought the lake would get that high.

Thankfully I did tie the boat off on both sides based on the advice of one of my dock neighbors so I'm pretty sure she'll weather the storms without a hitch, but I'll worry nonetheless.

When the rain stops and the debris clears I'll be looking for you guys out on the water, Texoma, Lewisville or maybe Bimini next year, if all goes according to plan.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Latest pictures from Texoma - Highport...ugh

Texoma.jpg The Island.jpg

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow, thats 14 feet over conservation pool! No bueno for those businesses, especially going into the season.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
juniper west Texoma taken 5/14/15bridge.jpg

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in the Houston area trying to buy a boat in the Dallas area, the place doing the pre-sale boat survey is unable to launch in Lake Lewisville so they won't be taking it out for a sea trial as part of the inspection. So my question is there any lake in the area where we could take so that I can do the sea trial tomorrow Saturday 16-May? From the sound of things, it's not looking good. Thanks!

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You can try Graveine Lake or Eagle Mountain. Im launching mine tomorrow at Eagle Mountain. Is finally full and all the ramps are open.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ramps are open at Grapevine, but the lake is 11' above full pool, Eagle Mountain is right at full now, so that would be your best bet.

Side note, picture of Juniper Point from last year on Texoma, just to give folks perspective
Texoma 6.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Joe Pool lake is open and usable at 3 ft above normal, but it's not real close to Lewisville. It's on the border of Cedar Hill and Grand Prairie.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't buy a boat without a sea trial, Lewisville is closed and the city run ramps in Grapevine are also closed (not sure about SilverLake marina?)

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check lake Ray Hubbard. That should still be open and just reached full.