• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expect ramp closings at Lake Ray Roberts

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ray Roberts is only 1.05 feet from the spillway and rising.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's not good!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know they are releasing but it has looked like it is rising everyday this week. There are telephone poles along lone oak road beside the bridge as they are getting shorter everyday.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to give those not in this area some idea of the scale of flooding. Here is a sat image of my marina. Everything inside the red line is underwater, with more rain expected. The marina office to the left is up on a hill so it's pretty safe. If you go down you must park in that little area by the office in front of the sailboat slips.lakeview marina flooding.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
False!! This has been circulating the Internet for several weeks.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw the same pic for a marina on Texoma

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2015-05-25 13.34.07 HDR.jpg
Latest and greatest from Lewisville. Power is out at Hidden Cove. So, need a generator if I want to go just to raise the lift.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r wondering if you've been by Ray Roberts marina, I heard the ramp was open there but didn't know how good or difficult launching/parking would be,

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have not Scott, I'll look in the next day if you like. But with this rain, I don't know what we got, I've been flying for three days just landed.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if it's convenient and you happen to be going by I wouldn't mind knowing your opinion since all the other ramps there appear to be closed at least for another month. Not certain I'll be going but just trying to know my options,

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd like to know too! I may try my luck at Cedar Creek this weekend since Joe Pool will be closed till at least September and I don't like Lake Ray Hubbard at all.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'll check it out today. I saw boats on te lake last weekend. I assumed at least some ramps were open but our ramps in the north end are still closed. I probably won't go launch but I will check it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Scottintexas , I am sorry I didn't get to the ramp to check it. We headed to Denton to run errands, eat out, and to go to a movie two nights ago. On the way, a 20 year old, but very polite and apologetic, hit us broadside. We were turning off of I-35 southbound service road onto Teasley Lane eastbound, from the middle lane (outside turn lane), and he was in the inside turn lane and either tried to go straight or didn't turn. Anyway, took out both doors, center B pillar bent, rocker panel bent, rear quarter panel misaligned, and rear bumper cover dislodged and fastener plate broken. The Prius is drivable but with wind noise and rear door won't open correctly, nor will windows operate all the way. It apparently damaged the interior crash plates too in both doors. We are all ok, including the kiddo, but sore....but I totally forgot to go to the ramp and the next day was taken sorting out insurance and getting the car to the body shop. I may not get there today, I hope I didn't mess up any plans. I didn't see any boats on the lakes crossing the last two days except for a pontoon that was fishing. So I don't know if recent rains may have shut them down again or if it was just weekday lack of activity.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wow that stinks, glad everybody is ok,

no problem on the recon, no plans had been made I was just curious whether it was worth the stop or just head back up to lake Murray the next time out,

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn that sucks. Those outside turn lanes always make me nervous!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The cop said to use the inside lane as it was a safer bet. Of course if your turning right immediately, it doesn't work well. I was at a dead stop trying to get over after applying his formula...twice since then...gone back to lane appropriate. I even looked and had a full car length on the kiddo when I turned wide on the outside turn lane, and again looked as I was in the turn to make sure I was wide enough...all I saw was a drivers window full of WHITE!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouch! Good to hear nobody was hurt, @txav8r

Best wishes getting it all sorted out

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks guys.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys.
Sorry to hear about your accident Mel. Glad you guys are ok. Better stay in the air or on the water where it's safer.