• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expect ramp closings at Lake Ray Roberts

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jarozi I just drove by Silver Lake Marina on Lake Grapevine and their ramp was open although there was no docking or mooring at the ramp, you should call them first to make sure it's not only open for slip owners,

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And, @jarozi , be sure to update your location in your profile so we can locate you. You can also see on the map where the rest of us are to locate someone close to you.

Good luck with the sea trial.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
word on the street is that the city ramp in Little Elm is keeping one lane of their ramp open on Lewisville and floating a new pier

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going to check Hidden Cove tomorrow. The ramps are very long and it's possible that they are still open.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jeez, this is not good. I never thought the levels at Texoma would get that high! I'm heading up to Highport tomorrow to check on my boat and see for myself. Just a helpless feeling to watch this. Another 5 ft and they'll have to open the flood gates, which is not good for those folks downstream. Let's hope this wet weather here subsides soon.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hidden Cove still open on Lewisville
image.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This anyone here? Closest tieup in history of Petes I think!image.jpg

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys, we started with Grapevine at the Katie's Woods launch, which was open. But dock was underwater so we couldn't board everyone. So we ended up heading to Eagle Mountain and launching at a marina there. As reported here earlier, the lake was at-level or thereabouts. Sea trial went well, I'll be a jet boat owner soon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Glad you got in the sea trial! @jarozi Welcome to jetboaters.net and keep us posted on the delivery!

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's some pictures of Highport at Lake Texoma taken this afternoon?
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kiddos on the roof of the picnic pavilions at Westlake Park todayimage.jpgimage.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From the Tanglewood tower.
image.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 Did the ramp appear to be open? Do y'all forsee being there next weekend with intention of going out on the boat?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jawsf16 , is that North Island in the middle of the lake, only showing some tree tops?

@BigN8 , you keep your boat in a boathouse don't you? Ramps closed at Lewisville? If you can get to your boat you can use it? I am wondering if they will let you access your boat in a boathouse when you have to almost swim to it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 , is that North Island in the middle of the lake, only showing some tree tops?

@BigN8 , you keep your boat in a boathouse don't you? Ramps closed at Lewisville? If you can get to your boat you can use it? I am wondering if they will let you access your boat in a boathouse when you have to almost swim to it.
@txav8r Yes it is at the Lakeview Marina. As of this moment I would say 95% of the marina parking area is underwater. What they have done is linked most of the docks together with temporary walkways starting from the sailboat docks at the base of the marina. They are also running a courtesy shuttle via pontoon boat to anyone who doesn't want to haul all of their gear through the maze of linked docks. At this point I think the only issue this coming weekend will be parking, but I'm sure we will figure it out. The gas doc is also cutoff by high water, so the guys that run the gas dock must access the dock via boat as well.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Might be a while before we see the Islands.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Islands are almost underwater. The Island restaurant is a few feet under. The ramp is "open" but that entails putting in on the upper part of the ramp and then taking your chances on hitting underwater obstacles such as concrete, stairs, posts, etc. Then you get to deal with a churned up lake with no beaches, and there is almost zero trailer parking and no way to get on the boat other than swimming out into the unknown. It all seems less than "worth it" to me. The folks in slips have access to a water taxi that is running, but I think it will get bogged down with people and their stuff. the slips now have no power or water.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think as it gets closer to the weekend the marina will move the courtesy dock to where you can walk onto it instead of swimming to it. The water taxi thing worked real well when they faced this same issue in '07. The lake was only at 629 that year and the docks had water and electric to them. We launched from the parking lot that year as well. The islands were only smaller and not gone like this year.