• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exuma Bahamas Trip June 2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man it seems like forever ago now this took place yet it’s still a fresh memory when I watch the videos to say I’m excited to be going back this coming year is a tragic understatement! I’m so hoping 2019’s trip blows the doors off of 2016’s trip! Even though it’s 7 months away my mental countdown has begun let’s get this party started @Andy S amd @1948Isaac

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kidding me!!! How can anyone forget? That 2016 trip costed some of us $60,000.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 how long of a trip are yall doing 10 days 12 days?

Palm beach to west end and around?

This trip is 4 or 5 years out for me but curious.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 how long of a trip are yall doing 10 days 12 days?

Palm beach to west end and around?

This trip is 4 or 5 years out for me but curious.
We are looking at Miami to Nassau then on to grand Exuma island which will be home base. We are planning explorations farther south below the tropic of cancer.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are looking at Miami to Nassau then on to grand Exuma island which will be home base. We are planning explorations farther south below the tropic of cancer.
Curious milage from Miami to nassua? Clearing customs in Nassau?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious milage from Miami to nassua? Clearing customs in Nassau?
About 190 miles if we do it as a straight shot and choose not to stop anywhere. I imagine we will clear in Nassau this time,

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wisefam22, just to be clear Robert and Isaac are not planning to make the 190 mile hop to Nassau in Yamahas.

Issaac has a beautiful new 35’ center console and I believe Robert is still shopping for a larger boat.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was gonna say 190 miles straight on yamaha would be tons of fuel lol.

I think I saw isaac boat in some of the videos from this past summer, very nice.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was gonna say 190 miles straight on yamaha would be tons of fuel lol.

I think I saw isaac boat in some of the videos from this past summer, very nice.
Nonsense do it in jet skis. From an idea i got on a previous bimini trip:
Fill a couple skis up, extra cans as well, tow one out, swap skis when empty. Cans for a bit more range!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fill a couple skis up, extra cans as well, tow one out, swap skis when empty. Cans for a bit more range!
I laughed a little to hard

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s already been done even earlier, I believe, by @chris24 in 2017.
:D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was my reference actually. A bit of drama i was reading if i recall!
Okay, my bad! I assumed you were referring to the dude who left the Bimini Sands in the evening on his ski, with his GF ski in tow - back to Ft. Lauderdale, lolol. Julian 's friend? and Valerie's?
That must have been something! I missed that.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Given I am Greek, I keep up with the gossipy things, so let me chime in.
@Speedling got the stories mixed and cherry picking.

Chris and wife were in my group with Bruce. Chris towed his wife on jetski until the exit so she can save on fuel. They were also carrring extra fuel for her. Soon after we got out of poet Everglades Chris and wife got separated from the group. At some point the ski suffered a decapitating mechanical failure ( drive shaft related). Wife jumps on the boat and ski get abandoned at sea. I saw Chris and wife in Bimini and they making fun me getting my center windshield stuck.
Boyfriend and girlfriend 1.0 were part of the crossing though with a different group. No skis in tow. The only drama here was on the return and right before entering port Everglades on Saturday the 15th

Boyfriend and girlfriend 2.0 ( girlfriend 1.0 good friend ). They both were in my group with @Amar Nanduri in June. We keep an eye on girlfriend 2.0 as crossing was a bit rough for her ( yes I know it was a June crossing ). Boyfriend got an injury right before BS but it was completely his fault and he was okay about it. No skis being towed.
While in Bimini boyfriend and girlfriend 2.0 get in a fight ( @Julian knows the details ) and boyfriend decides f-this.... gets all the belongings ( clothing and passwords ) and tows the ski. Half through the switched skis and made it to port Everglades. Not a smooth crossing and defiantly a got lucky especially for a single dude crossing at that time of the day. For the record they are now engaged and planing a wedding. I am so excited for what 2019 is hiding .....

Note1: boyfriend owned both skis and trailer. Girlfriend 2.0 owned the truck. So he got to florida but could not get home until girlfriend 2.0 showed up in Florida on @jayasaki138 boat. Who for the record left for Bimini with one hot chick and back with 2 hot chicks.

Note2: boyfriend and girlfriend 1.0 or 2.0 are not to be compfused with forum member @Girlfriend. She the forum member girlfriend owes a jetski named “boyfriend”. Very independent and drama free. She is actually Valerie’s friend the other combination is not necessarily Valerie’s friends as much as a show that Valerie brings for us in Bimini

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, which Fishing Rod holders are those on the Tower? I would like to get a pair that will fit on my tower.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Given I am Greek, I keep up with the gossipy things, so let me chime in.
@Speedling got the stories mixed and cherry picking.

Chris and wife were in my group with Bruce. Chris towed his wife on jetski until the exit so she can save on fuel. They were also carrring extra fuel for her. Soon after we got out of poet Everglades Chris and wife got separated from the group. At some point the ski suffered a decapitating mechanical failure ( drive shaft related). Wife jumps on the boat and ski get abandoned at sea. I saw Chris and wife in Bimini and they making fun me getting my center windshield stuck.
Boyfriend and girlfriend 1.0 were part of the crossing though with a different group. No skis in tow. The only drama here was on the return and right before entering port Everglades on Saturday the 15th

Boyfriend and girlfriend 2.0 ( girlfriend 1.0 good friend ). They both were in my group with @Amar Nanduri in June. We keep an eye on girlfriend 2.0 as crossing was a bit rough for her ( yes I know it was a June crossing ). Boyfriend got an injury right before BS but it was completely his fault and he was okay about it. No skis being towed.
While in Bimini boyfriend and girlfriend 2.0 get in a fight ( @Julian knows the details ) and boyfriend decides f-this.... gets all the belongings ( clothing and passwords ) and tows the ski. Half through the switched skis and made it to port Everglades. Not a smooth crossing and defiantly a got lucky especially for a single dude crossing at that time of the day. For the record they are now engaged and planing a wedding. I am so excited for what 2019 is hiding .....

Note1: boyfriend owned both skis and trailer. Girlfriend 2.0 owned the truck. So he got to florida but could not get home until girlfriend 2.0 showed up in Florida on @jayasaki138 boat. Who for the record left for Bimini with one hot chick and back with 2 hot chicks.

Note2: boyfriend and girlfriend 1.0 or 2.0 are not to be compfused with forum member @Girlfriend. She the forum member girlfriend owes a jetski named “boyfriend”. Very independent and drama free. She is actually Valerie’s friend the other combination is not necessarily Valerie’s friends as much as a show that Valerie brings for us in Bimini
Lol i see again why i got so confused!
Thanks for straightening that out!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length