• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory Wetsounds Sub not working

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey to all! I just picked up a 19' 242x and the factory sub is not working. Gain is up, connections are good everywhere and I toned the wiring from amp to sub and the sub has tone. Any thoughts??
Thanks in advance!

Dumb question but did you check the settings in the head unit, make sure sub is not turned off?

I went into the settings and made sure the level was turned up. Not sure if i saw an actual on/off setting?? That would be interesting if it had that. Thx

Assuming the head unit is the Fusion RA70N(SX), maybe the filter or zone settings need adjustment? I haven't touched my sub settings since I brought the boat home in April 2019, but I remember my sub initially sounding like it was off or not outputting much volume at all. I remember having to crank up the level, adjust the filter and fiddle around with the zone settings as well (I might have linked Zone 1 and 2), since the sub is only on Zone 1, iirc - at least on the LSE. Not sure how much more there is to it on the X.

Fwiw, here's a snippet from the manual:
--------------------------------------------
Speaker Zones
You can group speakers in one area into speaker zones. This
enables you to control the audio level of the zones individually.
For example, you could make the audio quieter in the cabin and
louder on deck.
Zones 1 and 2 are powered by the on-board, Class AB amplifier.
To use the two line outputs and the two subwoofer outputs, you
must connect external amplifiers.
You can set the balance, volume limit, and name for each zone.
You can set the subwoofer level for zone 1.
Setting up Speaker Zones
1 Select > SETTINGS > ZONE.
2 Select a zone.
3 Select one or more options:
NOTE: Not all options are available for all zones.
• To link zones 1 and 2, select LINK TO ZONE 1 to fill the
option button (zone 2 only).
• To adjust the right and left speaker balance of this zone,
select BALANCE, and use the dial to set the balance.
• To limit the maximum volume output of this zone, select
VOLUME LIMIT, and use the dial to set the limit.
• To set the subwoofer filter, select SUB FILTER, and use
the dial to set the filter (zone 1 only).
• To set the subwoofer level, select SUB LEVEL, and use
the dial to set the level (zone 1 only).
TIP: To open the subwoofer level from any screen, press
and hold the dial for three seconds.
• To give the zone a specific name, select SET ZONE
NAME (Entering Text, page 1).
Linking Zones
1 Select > SETTINGS > ZONE > ZONE 2.
2 Select LINK TO ZONE 1 to fill the button.
When zones 1 and 2 are linked, appears between zones 1
and 2 on the volume screen.

Adjusting the Subwoofer Filter
You can use the subwoofer filter setting to control the subwoofer
cutoff frequency, which can enhance the blend of the sound
produced by the speakers and the subwoofer. Audio signals
above the selected frequency are not passed to the subwoofer.
The setting applies to both subwoofer outputs.
1 Select > SETTINGS > ZONE > ZONE 1 > SUB FILTER.
2 Select a frequency.
3 Press the dial to save the selection.

Thanks for that info< very helpful! I'll be up this weekend and will try that. Thx!

I’m sure you didn’t make any adjustments to the head unit and I doubt any speaker wires came unhooked so I would start by looking at the facroTy amp. Is it getting power? Most amps today have ‘safe mode’ features that activate to prevent damage so is it throwing any LED codes that you can look up on the net? In-line fuse blown?

No fuses blown, no codes(solid WS Light) and inboard speakers working from same amp. It does seem like theres no signal but like I mentioned I did go into the swim platform HU and grouped Zones(nothing) and turned the Sub Level to max and nothing. Unless the filter is not allowing sub signal??
Toned yellow wires from amp to sub and got tone. made sure connections were all tight and nothing....very strange

Back