• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fair price for 2013 AR190?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes! Pull the plug. It should come out and go back in easy. If it takes more than 5 seconds to reseat and lock into place it needs to be rebuilt. Mine came out fine but was a pain to put back in 10-30min to re-seat. Just did the rebuild kit ($50) and it works much better. Not the end of the world but don’t want to be dead in the water fighting with a swollen cleaniut plug.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Checked the plug and it went in an out easily.

Spent a few hours out on the lake Saturday playing on tubes, and the boat performed perfectly.. Only small hiccup was when I was done tubing, my brother (driver while I was behind boat) let it sit at idle for a few minutes rather than shutting it down. When I got back in the boat, I cut it off while I was retrieving and stowing ropes, deflating tube, etc. When I started it about 5-7 min later, I got an overtemp alarm, and water from the pee port was notably hotter than it had been when underway. Shut it down for a few more minutes, and then restarted and all was fine for remainder of day. Am I correct in assuming the flow is just not enough at idle to keep the engines cool? Or do I need to look for obstructions in lines, or anything else? Was shutting it down and waiting the better choice, or would it cool faster underway with the added pressure in the cooling system?

Heading out for another day of fun and loving the boat already!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You need to let the blower run and also let the boat idle to cool down if you ran it hard or you'll get an over temp.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I correct in assuming the flow is just not enough at idle to keep the engines cool?
You want to see the stream coming out so "high idle" maybe best. If you want to cool things down 2,000-2,500 RPM seems about best, can use "no wake" settings for that.

--