• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fellow novice boaters; we are the downfall of scarab!

the author says scarab only makes mini jet boats... :facepalm:

But it’d be awesome if they actually did make a 10-12’ version of this with a sea doo drive train.
DDCCFB09-EBC0-4A70-8C1F-62CD2C6F8627.jpeg

Julian, you're on the money!! Wellcraft Scarab, and modern scarabs, are two different things. To compare the boats to start with is ridiculous! Secondly, have been aboard many "cigarette"style boats,(sorry Don!) having your eardrums blown out, your intestines shaken, not stirred, is only a macho fool, with self esteem issues, idea of a good time!

Our Miami to Key west poker run last November they had the helicopter out on Saturday for photos. 4452BD98-E696-4C4F-BE53-174B11B3E1DA.jpeg
If you don’t think this is fun you are nuts.

Wow everyone, look at me!!!!!! Yeah, it's fun once, for about ten minutes, then you grow up. Poker run, helicopters, Miami beach, I would have never guessed. With such a glamorous lifestyle, you'd think you'd have better things to do than trash a boat brand. As far as novice goes, you MUST be referring to yourself, because I've been in the boating lifestyle since before you were born.

Wow everyone, look at me!!!!!! Yeah, it's fun once, for about ten minutes, then you grow up. Poker run, helicopters, Miami beach, I would have never guessed. With such a glamorous lifestyle, you'd think you'd have better things to do than trash a boat brand. As far as novice goes, you MUST be referring to yourself, because I've been in the boating lifestyle since before you were born.
@Geeman you need to see our code of conduct and lighten up a bit. This was posted for discussion and not bashing. We are all trying to make it thru the winter.

Last edited:
Maybe if the company had just changed the brand name on the jet boats the author would have been happy. We all know that markets, economies, consumer demand, corp downsizing all occur over time. Companies need to be agile enough to compete in the marketplace and savy enough to know where future markets are going. Otherwise you have another Sears, Montgomery Wards, Kmart, Best Buy, Service Merchandise, Plymouth, SAAB, Mercury, Oldsmobile...etc...

@Geeman you need to see our code of conduct and lighten up a bit. This was posted for discussion and not bashing. We are all trying to make it thru the winter.
I did not bash any boat brand
I was probably born before u
I like all types of boating if you were referring to me
And look at me today anyway ? this is my view and no Carona Virus in the boat!3E1320F8-D4C8-4216-8341-4C7C35BD7568.jpeg5A6FB3C2-E8F6-457E-8A1D-1795BA883585.png

I would say the new Scarabs are an extremely attractive boat. Yeah, they aren't a cigarette boat... Duh!

The new scarabs look great if they hold up they will be a winner
I saw the 25 center console and loved it.
On the go fast center consul they were 20 years ahead of their time that is now the number one concept for boats

Last edited:
Let's ignore the author's opinion for a second - that "article" is a complete hack job. The power of the internet: where anyone can publish anything.

On my boat , we have something very similar. It's called Bare-Cooter LOL
I don't get it...can you please explain in graphic detail for me and my wife?
?

This guy is on her boat from the Dukes if Hazard show.
and he shaved his face bare.7F1FFF17-1B87-4E75-80FA-71D485388F49.jpeg

On my boat , we have something very similar. It's called Bare-Cooter LOL

I don't get it...can you please explain in graphic detail for me and my wife?
?

High resolution pictures of all the "Bare-Cooter" on your boat will allow folks here to understand that is not the guy from Dukes of Hazzard naked.

Last edited:

The article reads like it was written by a nine year old whose Daddy told him he couldn't take out the family boat. :rolleyes:

From the article, "The standard for a PWC is really low. Boats are much more competitive and much more involved. Pontoon boats are actually the least design sensitive and are not really “boats” to me. I could essentially go to the Home Depot and buy some large PVC piping and some plywood to build a “pontoon” boat that would probably outperform the Switch."

I would question if Mr. Powell is smart enough to understand that there are lot of niches in the boat market, and BRP has done a great job of filling one of these niches with the Switch. Is the boat for everyone? No, but enough folks liked the concept that they quickly filled the pre-order books for this boat.

Jim

Last edited:
I also wonder what he thought of the first sea doo Jet ski. He's clearly not a fan.

Back