• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fender envy

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Walmart, free shipping if sent to the store for pick-up.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It sure looks like the Stowaway inflatable fender company must have gone out of business....or got bought out by someone. I was always jealous of the ones that some of you guys have shown photos. Especially the extra large ones. I kept looking all through winter and finally found a deal on eBay. 4 extra large black fenders, pump and carrying case.....all for around $140 with shipping. I believe the extra large fenders were going for around $75 a piece at West Marine and on the old Stowaway website last year. I think that I got a pretty good deal and am excited to give them a shot while rafting or docking at some of the restaurants with choppier water.

IMG_0735.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have been impressed at how much an inflatable fender can take abuse. Especially on Lake Michigan rough days. I hope your purchase lasts you a long time!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_5459.PNG

I've been using these for raft ups the last 2 years. You can blow them up by mouth or the tube pump. With the pump, you can blow them up HUGE! And when done, pull the plug and they store flat.
My niece and nephew can also use them as a bouncy ball - cause that's what they really are.
I believe they were $20 each.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@octavio3311 do you have a photo of the fender hooked up to your boat to see? I am trying to figure out dimensions on it, I read 18" is that height or diameter or both? Thanks in advance.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 do you have a photo of the fender hooked up to your boat to see? I am trying to figure out dimensions on it, I read 18" is that height or diameter or both? Thanks in advance.
No I don't have a pic.
18" sounds about right when blowing up with the pump. It's a ball - so it's height, width , diameter.
When blown up all the way, I don't worry about playing them on the run rail - I place them just under and they sit nicely between the boats.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These suckers saved the day. We are soon to be empty-nesters, so my wife and I have been practicing docking the boat with just the two of us. On Saturday, we were docking at a restaurant and the wind and choppy water made it tough get in. We eventually did, but then I was worried about the boat banging into the pier. So for the 1st time, I pulled out my extra large inflatable Stowaway fenders and gave them a try. They were awesome. The boat was rolling up and down and in all sorts of directions. But the large fender stayed in place and protected from the water line all the way up to the almost the metal rub rail. And I only needed to use one fender.

I don't think they make these fenders anymore because their website is no longer in service. But if you are looking for something to protect the side of your boat, keep your eyes open for them.......I bought mine on eBay over the winter.

Happy 4th!!

IMG_0911.JPG