• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Finally boat prep weekend!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saturday 77 degrees and Sunny
Sunday 76 and Sunny

Yes!! Time to get the boat out of storage, charge up the batteries, and get her ready for Spring and Summer!! The lake water temp is still 50 degrees so too cold for swimming and fun, but it won't be much longer.

My list of detailing products I just ordered to prep the boat (and cars) this weekend:

16 oz. CorrosionX Lubricant and Penetrating Oil
32 oz. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard
6 Qty Microfiber Applicator Pads
6 Qty Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towels
20 oz. Marine 31 Vinyl Protectant with Sun Block
16 oz. RejeX Paint Sealant

I haven't sprayed the engines yet, but reading the Corrosion X I may coat my jets with it as well. Curious to see if it will help reduce some of the summer build up of crud (yes I leave her in the water from May through September).

Mike

I'm right there with you. Planning to get the boat out of storage on Saturday and get it ready. The poor thing has been cold and lonely all winter.

That's great. Glad to see that the weather is starting to turn.

Still another month to go around here. You guys are getting me pumped though.

@cane.mba May - Sept??? We may need to post pics and offer a prize for the Dirtiest Boat Bottom. I know three weeks in August wet slip and I will spend an entire Sunday in grueling bottom cleaning. After losing 15-20 mph due to algae.
How do you keep yours clean?

Can't imagine not being able to boat monthly. A lot of you guys are forced to a lot of down time, I'd pull my hair out! Was in the mid 80's on Lake Shast a few days ago, I miss it already!

I'm right there with you. Planning to get the boat out of storage on Saturday and get it ready. The poor thing has been cold and lonely all winter.

couple of the friends for here are coming over we're going to knock out my keel guard. then I'll wash and wax her and I'll be ready for the summer.

Weather may be better but I keep having to work 10-12 hour days. Then I have a part time job as well. I did change the oil this week at like 9 pm though. The one job I was unhooking a crane all day in a 65 foot man lift and I could see lake Michigan! I just kept telling my coworkers that I wanna be a mile north.

@cane.mba May - Sept??? We may need to post pics and offer a prize for the Dirtiest Boat Bottom. I know three weeks in August wet slip and I will spend an entire Sunday in grueling bottom cleaning. After losing 15-20 mph due to algae.
How do you keep yours clean?

@Lspeedss Ok, I do cheat and when we get low on fuel I pull her out to avoid Marina Gas prices. I also use that time to pressure wash the hull and hit the bad spots with Star Brite. It's also a really good time to do a quick interior clean and re-organize all the family crud.

For the end of the season I have a longer process, but discovering Star Brite last year did amazing things to ease the physical effort. Not sure if you've tried Star Brite yet, but I it's amazing. I cover the trailer with a tarp for the section I'm working on, then wet the hull down, spray that section with Star Brite, let it soak in for 2-3 minutes, scrub with a medium bristled brush, and then follow-up with a blast from the pressure washer. Then move to the next section. My end of the year cleaning was cut down to a couple of hours, I wasn't exhausted, and it even took off the scum line from previous years that I thought had become permenant.

Also this year I'm going to use Rejex on the hull before I put her in the water. A lot of car guys swear by it, and I've read rave reviews from people on The Hull Truth. I'll let you know how it works out. But I plan on using it on the hull, the tower, the windshield, and the trailer. Then my truck, and the wife's 4runner....

"RejeX is an ultra thin polymer coating that keeps auto paint clean for four to six months! RejeX is a paint sealant and anti-stick coating in one. RejeX prevents stains and adhesion of exhaust, insects, oil, tree sap, bird droppings, brake dust, and road grime. Plus, RejeX creates a deep shine that rivals any wax!"

couple of the friends for here are coming over we're going to knock out my keel guard. then I'll wash and wax her and I'll be ready for the summer.

We're thinking we may start camping with the boys this summer, so a keel guard may be a good investment for me as well....

We're thinking we may start camping with the boys this summer, so a keel guard may be a good investment for me as well....
A keel guard is a good investment for anyone. You don't want to look at the bottom of your boat and see what I seen this winter. :banghead:

I would definitely advise you to get one. I ended up going with keelshield just because they have a navy blue that matches my hull. I would look at Keel guard and Keel shield because the colors do differ

@cane.mba I have been looking into the Rejex Product. What are your plans to prep the surface? Just curious as to what to do with the fresh wax I just applied in the fall? If it is not going to perform as it should based on the previous wax coat, is it worth the investment in time and cost? Has anyone else had any experiance with this question.

From Rejex website:
RejeX can be used over existing wax; however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. There is no reason to wax over RejeX. As we’ve already said, RejeX leaves a shinier, longer-lasting finish than wax… and the wax can't adhere well to RejeX!

20140310_171125.jpg

I plan on pulling her out next weekend (she is in a wet slip) and cleaning her as well as oil, plugs etc. I am also putting some of the Dynamat sound deading in. The water is cold but it is nice out and can really enjoy the sun shine!

Thank goodness it is fixed now and I have my keel guard to still put on the boat.

Wow what caused this just running up on the shore?
Yep beaching on sand. I guess I hit a rock that was buried in the sand and it just ripped the gelcoat off. I have only had the boat out 4 times and when I bought the boat the keel looked nothing like the picture.

@cane.mba I have been looking into the Rejex Product. What are your plans to prep the surface? Just curious as to what to do with the fresh wax I just applied in the fall? If it is not going to perform as it should based on the previous wax coat, is it worth the investment in time and cost? Has anyone else had any experiance with this question.

From Rejex website:
RejeX can be used over existing wax; however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. There is no reason to wax over RejeX. As we’ve already said, RejeX leaves a shinier, longer-lasting finish than wax… and the wax can't adhere well to RejeX!

@GiddYupJoe

Star Brite removed all of my wax at the end of the season, and I had planned on putting Rejex on as part of winterization. Well one thing lead to another and it didn't happen. I would remove the wax, before I applied Rejex given the boat sits in the water. Plus the force of the water against the hull isn't something a car has to deal with, so not sure how long it would last.

To remove the existing wax, a good wash with Dawn dish washing detergent should strip it off. It may take some elbow grease depending on the brand of wax you used.

Back