• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Finally boat prep weekend!

@cane.mba Starbrite Hull cleaner is the best thing we have found as well. FSR is really good for critical areas and doesn't run down your arm. Just a hint. Let me know how the rejects works. We have tried everything to no avail. I was even thinking about trying RainX this year..

I'm right there with you. Planning to get the boat out of storage on Saturday and get it ready. The poor thing has been cold and lonely all winter.

WHOOOOOO Hoooooo! She's home, let the work begin.

c2a633139a44f503e769f2953e97cad0_zpsf84338f1.jpg

I used the rejex on my F150 when I bought it last August. Since it won't fit in the garage, it's an outdoor truck. The water STILL beads up even after this awful winter. I'm a believer. It isn't as pretty as polishes like Zaino Brothers, or Chemical Brothers, but man it really seems to last! Hopefully it helps the boat. I'll be doing it to my boat next weekend!

Thank you! I want to tint the windows on the truck and boat, and I'm debating on getting the tower powder coated black as well. My wife is in the process of starting a company, and we moved both of my sons to a private school, so it may be a while until I get to spend some money on wants instead of needs. It's all good though, happy well educated sons, happy wife, happy life!

Black towers do look awesome on black boats, but it comes at a price. The black powder coat scratches off. You get enough scratches and it will really start to look bad.

That's part of my indecision as well. I'd love to paint the metal frame around the glass black also, but I don't want to have to touch it up weekly.

Black towers do look awesome on black boats, but it comes at a price. The black powder coat scratches off. You get enough scratches and it will really start to look bad.

I guess time will tell on the 2013 242 LS boats. Mine came from the factory black. No chips YET... :happy:

I may have to plastidip those chrome wheels on the trailer. I just realized how out of place they are! :)

Just a quick update on the Rejex I applied in April. We splashed the boat at the end of April, and unlike previous years, she's been in the water all summer. I am Hoping to get an Airdock lift next summer to help keep her high and dry.

However, the sideboard looks absolutely amazing, no water spots at all, and still totally sheds any water that hits the sides. The tower is still looking great as well, and dead bugs, gunk, grime, etc, wipes off with just a paper towel. Nothing is sticking to the tower at all. I also coated the windshield, and having been caught in two pop up showers, it's like having windshield wipers or Rainex. I noticed that it really makes cleaning sunscreen overspray very simple. I just use a damp paper towel and the glass cleans right up. In the past I'd use glass cleaner and the sunscreen would still smear and leave a residue that took a couple of attempts to remove.

So far I have to say, I'm a convert to Rejex, I can't wait to see how much effort it's going to take to remove 6-7 months of crud. Well actually I can wait, I know it's going to be a huge PITA even with Rejex. I think this year I'll buy a gallon size container of Starbrite...

Just a quick update on the Rejex I applied in April. We splashed the boat at the end of April, and unlike previous years, she's been in the water all summer. I am Hoping to get an Airdock lift next summer to help keep her high and dry.

However, the sideboard looks absolutely amazing, no water spots at all, and still totally sheds any water that hits the sides. The tower is still looking great as well, and dead bugs, gunk, grime, etc, wipes off with just a paper towel. Nothing is sticking to the tower at all. I also coated the windshield, and having been caught in two pop up showers, it's like having windshield wipers or Rainex. I noticed that it really makes cleaning sunscreen overspray very simple. I just use a damp paper towel and the glass cleans right up. In the past I'd use glass cleaner and the sunscreen would still smear and leave a residue that took a couple of attempts to remove.

So far I have to say, I'm a convert to Rejex, I can't wait to see how much effort it's going to take to remove 6-7 months of crud. Well actually I can wait, I know it's going to be a huge PITA even with Rejex. I think this year I'll buy a gallon size container of Starbrite...

I use Acid Magic to clean the crap off my hull. Its like $8 per gallon and I spray it on with a Zep spray bottle then brush the area clean with a soft brush and rinse the area thoroughly and then rinse a little more. Make sure to add more wax or Regex after cleaning or it will get dirty faster the next year.

Last edited:
Back