• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally Installed my Jet Boat Pilot Lateral Thruster and Thrust Vectors

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Install went really well. Big shout out to Will for posting the how to videos. The only pain in the ass is the snap ring made more difficult due to my need for reading glasses. I would recommend a snap ring plier be included out of the gate as my snap ring pliers were to large to reinstall. I will report back when I get the boat back to the lake this summer.91414

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They look great, @Ian Andrews! I am also impressed that you completed the installation in half the time it took me 😜. I have appreciated both products and look forward to feedback on your experience with them.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the post and I noticed that your cross member is upsidedown. You'll want to flip it to ensure a dry ride.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice I also just got my lateral thrusters installed. The snap ring was kinda a pain but got it on. Haven't tried it it but looking forward to it!

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to hijack a thread, but I finally got out to test my TVs and LT. Everything works as advertised. Great tracking at idle and incredible control reversing.

The only problem I had was just slightly dragging my port side TV fin when backing up the driveway. I guess I need to use a strap to hold them up when towing.

Will, can I buy just a black XV replacement port fin??

Looks like I will have my old cobra viper for sale. It was a great product as well but I prefer the TVs for the type of boating we do after comparison.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to hijack a thread, but I finally got out to test my TVs and LT. Everything works as advertised. Great tracking at idle and incredible control reversing.

The only problem I had was just slightly dragging my port side TV fin when backing up the driveway. I guess I need to use a strap to hold them up when towing.

Looks like I will have my old cobra viper for sale. It was a great product as well but I prefer the TVs for the type of boating we do after comparison.
We'll warranty if you'll pay shipping. Thanks for the writeup!

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

I also got out today for the first time with my new lateral and thrust vectors. There is no way anyone who does not have these already installed should wait any longer. They work fantastic. Big thumbs up.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Just cut a pool noodle (similar to a paper towel role that Will uses during install) and put it in to hold the fins up when backing up.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also got out today for the first time with my new lateral and thrust vectors. There is no way anyone who does not have these already installed should wait any longer. They work fantastic. Big thumbs up.
Would you mind doing a review on our website or Google? These sorts of things are very helpful to others. Thanks!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are these worth installing on a 19 AR195? Or even made for my boat.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are these worth installing on a 19 AR195? Or even made for my boat.
Yes if you have a 19 you'll love the Thrust Vector Wake or X. The Lateral Thruster is not necessary on a 2019.