• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finding a Yamaha Part

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for a Yamaha part and striking out so far. Do you guys have any ideas on where to find part#: 6S8-G5831-00-94?

I have looked/called all of the places that I know about or could find and nobody has it in stock. Figured I would check here to see if anyone knew of any place that might have it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1629479144078.png
    1629479144078.png
    876 bytes · Views: 21
I am looking for a Yamaha part and striking out so far. Do you guys have any ideas on where to find part#: 6S8-G5831-00-94?

I have looked/called all of the places that I know about or could find and nobody has it in stock. Figured I would check here to see if anyone knew of any place that might have it.

Thanks!
Good luck. I've had a transom ladder on order for a 2020 212s since March via partszilla and it keeps getting delayed. It seems like there are no parts around right now due to a global shortage.
It does show you pay as shipping in 2-3 days from partszilla, but I am not sure I would trust that...

I saw that too at partzilla. I called and its backordered. I have called/IM'd with several places. Some say no date given from Yamaha and some say 9-12-2021.

I ordered Anodes from Yamaha Sports Plaza in the spring and they still have not arrived. I have asked them many times because they give me a date and then nothing happens.

This stuff is beyond ridiculous. I am hoping to find someone somewhere that may have one in-stock.

Good luck. I've had a transom ladder on order for a 2020 212s since March via partszilla and it keeps getting delayed. It seems like there are no parts around right now due to a global shortage.
It does show you pay as shipping in 2-3 days from partszilla, but I am not sure I would trust that...
Talked to a Yamaha parts warehouse employee last week. The main cause for the delays are a shortage of shipping containers. I think there are plenty of storage containers, but a shortage of ships, due to backlogs at ports. In the SF Bay, you can see numerous ships anchored waiting for a port call. Stacked to the moon with containers. SMH

People have lost their minds. Its like we live in a 3rd world country now or something. Ok, I know its not really like that, but its pretty insane to not be able to buy so many things now.

Well I am still holding out hope that I get lucky and find one. :)

Still looking and still no luck. I have been looking at ebay as well just to see if someone might be selling one, new or used.

It's a shame that parts are so hard to get now.

This summer I needed to find a Connext screen for my boat in a hurry. My local dealer was no help and all of the normal parts websites were also out of stock. I found some listings on eBay that were listed by various dealers around the country, and I just started to call each one on the phone until I found a helpful person [sidenote: I found out that a lot of the eBay listings were really just to get on a wait list, they didn't actually have the advertised part]. In my case, the helpful guy I finally found didn't have the part himself but did have a list of recommended dealers I should call to try, and one of them worked out. Once I found the part it was only 2-3 days shipping and I was back in business.

So, long story short, try to contact the parts person at large dealers and if they don't have the part be sure to ask if they know of other recommended dealers that might. It is a frustrating way to do it, but in reality is the only way you're going to get any parts quickly with the current supply chain nonsense we have these days.

Just got another delay for the transom ladder I had ordered on March :(

I am still having a tough time finding this part. Anyone having any luck finding anything?

I am still having a tough time finding this part. Anyone having any luck finding anything?
I ended up getting my order in October for the part I ordered in March. Partzilla ended up coming through, it just took awhile.
Partzilla says it ships in 2-3 days.

Yeah I order anodes in March 2021 from Yamaha Sports Plaza. They still have not arrived.

For the transom I need, I have talked to several parts places and they all say backordered with no expected date. Partzilla said backordered and estimated 1-3 months. I think that must be a general response because nobody else would even give me an estimate.

This is just crazy that it takes a year or more for a part. I'm looking everywhere I can but so far no luck.

I work for a multinational industrial manufacturing company. We rely on local, regional, and global supply chain for many of our operations in most of our operating regions (US, Mexico, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America). All of the below are my fact-based observations, along with some color from peers in similar industries, although some are a bit camouflaged due to my company’s need to keep strategic info confidential for obvious reasons.

Ongoing global supply chain issues overall appear to moving from from stable (not good, but not really improving or worsening) to slightly worsening. Issues affecting operations searchlight around over time. One month the region the part is coming from has been hit by a COVID wave. Another month, we have a supplier-specific issue. The container constipation at major ports (especially Long Beach) continues. Big auto continues to sprint and stop, sprint and stop, depending on what is holding them back. This causes short term jolts across a number of supply markets, especially finished steel products like bearing quality steel bars, sheet metals, and the like,

Chips have been a problem and continue to be. Bearings and seals and various elastomerics have all been problems for the last 12 months or so. A 6 week promise date on a bearing can be revised without notice to 13 months. Then back to 4 months. Etc.

We are just beginning to recover here in the US from local supply chain impacts from the Omicron wave. These impacts hit quickly, hit hard, then washed away quickly. Overseas shocks tend to be less severe but last longer due to the logistics chains acting as a shock absorber.

A significant COVID event is ongoing in China right now: the entire cities of Shenzhen and Jilin are in complete lockdown - that is about 45 million people. Also of note, individual apartment blocks (5,000 - 25,000 people each) in Shanghai are on lockdown, but they have not ordered a city-wide lockdown. Note: Lockdown in China is different than lockdown most other places - armed police (or military) supplemented by deputized citizen volunteers will not let you leave your housing unit. They do have provisions for food delivery. I assume this COVID wave in China is Omicron, but am not sure.

I don’t know much about Jilin (northern China) but Shenzhen (near Hong Kong) is a major player in finished electronics. Hon Hai aka Foxconn assembles a large portion of the world’s smart phones in Shenzhen for just one example. So, clearly, this will cause global supply chain ripples for months in both predictable (get your iPhones now, folks) and unexpected downstream markets (where are Connext systems assembled?)

The impacts from the war in Ukraine/Russia is a growing supply chain concern, too. I don’t know very much about specifics, but Black Sea shipping and trade out of adjacent countries Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania are/will clearly be affected in addition to complete hard stop for trade with both Ukraine and Russia.

I am hearing we are in for at least another 3 or 4 quarters of ongoing supply chain challenges.

Well all I can say about all that is....that sucks! LOL

Its hard to imagine that parts of just about any kind are hard to get just about anywhere. The part I need is a piece of metal. No electronics, nothing complicated. I have to believe that it is on a shelf somewhere but for whatever reason, I cannot get it anywhere in the US. I have been waiting on anodes since 3-2021 and this transom since 8-2021.

I'm sure it's a long shot, but it never hurts to ask... If anyone can help, I'm looking for part number:

F3F-U8197-10-00

Until I get this part, I can't use the ballast system... which SUCKS!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
I'm sure it's a long shot, but it never hurts to ask... If anyone can help, I'm looking for part number:

F3F-U8197-10-00

Until I get this part, I can't use the ballast system... which SUCKS!!!

Thanks on advance!!
Boats.net says ships in 2 to 3 days which usually means in stock. I would call them to verify

I would call. I had a defected drive shaft snap last April, after several months waiting on warranty parts I tried to procure the parts myself. After calling around (with no luck) most of the major parts suppliers said “out of stock, the Yamaha site has a projected date of xxxx” I could be totally wrong, and I didn’t ask, but the impression I got from calling was that most the major websites/companies are actually just middle men for the big manufacturer specific parts, and when you order through them the order is actually fulfilled at the Yamaha parts warehouse, not from a stock sitting in the warehouse of the website.

It could possibly be just be once the website warehouse is out of stock, all the back orders are shipped directly from Yamaha once they come in to cut down on time delays. One thing I know for sure, there wasn’t a holy grail warehouse I could find full of Yamaha parts.

Boats.net says ships in 2 to 3 days which usually means in stock. I would call them to verify
I would call. I had a defected drive shaft snap last April, after several months waiting on warranty parts I tried to procure the parts myself. After calling around (with no luck) most of the major parts suppliers said “out of stock, the Yamaha site has a projected date of xxxx” I could be totally wrong, and I didn’t ask, but the impression I got from calling was that most the major websites/companies are actually just middle men for the big manufacturer specific parts, and when you order through them the order is actually fulfilled at the Yamaha parts warehouse, not from a stock sitting in the warehouse of the website.

It could possibly be just be once the website warehouse is out of stock, all the back orders are shipped directly from Yamaha once they come in to cut down on time delays. One thing I know for sure, there wasn’t a holy grail warehouse I could find full of Yamaha parts.

thanks for the replies...I called Boats.net and they do not actually have the part in stock. I think it is like @Inthrustwetrust says, most of these websites are probably drop shipping the parts directly from Yamaha when you order them.

I have even tried looking for used parts for the part I need. Other than like ebay, I don't know of any reputable used parts places.

I have even tried looking for used parts for the part I need. Other than like ebay, I don't know of any reputable used parts places.

I thought about this as well. Like trying to find a 2020 242x that was totaled and being parted out, but I wasn't able to find anything.

Back