• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finding a Yamaha Part

I thought about this as well. Like trying to find a 2020 242x that was totaled and being parted out, but I wasn't able to find anything.
I still have not been able to find the part I am looking for. Does any one know of a 242x that is being parted out?

thanks!!

What is the part? On a 2020 it seems like you should be able to find new parts but less likely a "parted out" boat. Did you try 2020 Yamaha 242X E SERIES (SAT1800EV) OEM Parts, Babbitts Yamaha Parts House

I have needed a couple things (mooring cover, cleat, ladder, and now an OEM seat) and end up locating them on one of these index sites, boiling it down to a manufacturer part number, then google search on the part number itself. Usually end up at Partzilla... sometimes eBay.

I’m paring out a 2017 ar 240. What do you need?

I’m paring out a 2017 ar 240. What do you need?

What is the part? On a 2020 it seems like you should be able to find new parts but less likely a "parted out" boat. Did you try 2020 Yamaha 242X E SERIES (SAT1800EV) OEM Parts, Babbitts Yamaha Parts House

I have needed a couple things (mooring cover, cleat, ladder, and now an OEM seat) and end up locating them on one of these index sites, boiling it down to a manufacturer part number, then google search on the part number itself. Usually end up at Partzilla... sometimes eBay.

It is part# F3F-U8197-10-00. It is the controller for the ballast system. It has been out of stock from Yamaha for well over a year. None of the online parts stores have any in stock from what I can tell. I was on the phone with Yamaha today and they said if I could find a used one that worked, then they would pay for it since they have not been able to provide one.

Boats.net/partzilla says ships in 2 to 3 days. That is not a backorder that just means their Georgia warehouse doesn't have it.
If it was backorder it would say 30 to 45 days.
I would call them first and verify
Screenshot_20230605_210203_Chrome.jpg

It is part# F3F-U8197-10-00. It is the controller for the ballast system. It has been out of stock from Yamaha for well over a year. None of the online parts stores have any in stock from what I can tell. I was on the phone with Yamaha today and they said if I could find a used one that worked, then they would pay for it since they have not been able to provide one.
Sorry but on don’t think the salvaged boat I have came with this part.

Last edited:
Back