• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finding Accommodations with a Dock

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after seeing another members pictures today we were talking about going to Put in Bay, Ohio. Unfortunately the two places, one of which was recommended, with a dock are booked. So I figured, no biggie I will just search for another place with a dock for the night.

Well easier said than done. VRBO, AirBnB, hotels.com, etc. I can't see a way to find lodging that has a dock easily for searching. Is there something I am missing? Is there a better site for searching places that have docks available or close?

Any thoughts?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you call up the boardwalk? That’s where you could slip the boat. Rent a golf cart then use that to get around the island and back to your place where you stay.

you could also consider staying in Huron or Vermilion then crossing that way. We did that earlier this summer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Vermillion looks like about 28 miles across the water. Huron looks like 22 miles across from PIB. Did you tow in and launch closer? How is the water out there. Would be my first time in that part of Lake Erie.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep figure it’s about an hour from cranberry creek marina to PIB. We went in my brother in laws 22’ chappy. Our boats wouldn’t have any issue making the trip, BUT.. keep an eye on the wind forecast. If you can catch a nice southerly wind you are in good shape.

we stayed in these cabins as a large group (you can grab a singleton) plazvilka.com.

You could also check out camping on PIB itself as an option too. There is a campground/ state park. You could also look at
Put In Bay Ohio Rentals, Condos, Vacation Homes - Island Club you’re getting very late in the season so there could be some availability.

back in the day we used to open the summer on Memorial Day and close it on labor at PIB. We used the island club and it was a booze fest. Good times!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vermillion looks like about 28 miles across the water. Huron looks like 22 miles across from PIB. Did you tow in and launch closer? How is the water out there. Would be my first time in that part of Lake Erie.
We launched and slipped the chappy at cranberry creek marina. Boat was there all week, honor system to pay. Trailer stays on the other side of the road so you can unhook and drive to your destination where you are staying. Vermilion and Huron are storybook little towns, nice downtowns for both. Highly recommend!

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's this ... right next to a marina and just about every marina in that region is flexible with boat and/or trailer storage. Probably a small daily fee.

When looking for a rental with a slip, I usually select ski-in/out under amenities and then will deselect it and change to waterfront, bc a lot of prop. owners do not have that as an amenity - even if they do have their own slip (not sure why they wouldn't?).

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another option is to dock/stay at Kelley's island and boat over to PIB for the day. Kelley's is much less crowded (and less exciting) than PIB but has it's own low-key charm. However, on both of these islands you'll likely be keeping your boat at a marina dock and staying in a hotel somewhere. Not a lot of houses with docks on either island.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well after seeing another members pictures today we were talking about going to Put in Bay, Ohio. Unfortunately the two places, one of which was recommended, with a dock are booked. So I figured, no biggie I will just search for another place with a dock for the night.

Well easier said than done. VRBO, AirBnB, hotels.com, etc. I can't see a way to find lodging that has a dock easily for searching. Is there something I am missing? Is there a better site for searching places that have docks available or close?

Any thoughts?
In the past I've just used a simple Google search, like this: "lake lanier airbnb with dock". The first five results I got had a dock. It is a feature that those sites need to add for sure, same as "waterfront" or "lake", etc