• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Bimini Trip - aiming for 2021

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I, along with another couple, are pretty damn committed to a 2021 trip to Bimini but would need to travel with the larger group from a first-timer/safety standpoint. I've been boating all my life, but on inland lakes in the midwest. Have read all of the Bimini prep threads and have a plan to equip my boat and be ready when summer of 2021 comes but need to know when is the earliest we might know some dates so we can all request off work and start to plan our summer for that year. What has traditionally been a good timeframe where the official JB.net Bimini fling dates get solidified?

Thanks!
Matt

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Because you’re looking over a year away I bet if a senior member took control and set a date that would be a lot of people that would latch onto it. This way it would give people a year and a few months to get everything set to make a crossing. Being that far out most people could arrange our schedule to the crossing date. Also maybe there would be more people due to the set date so far in advance that reservations may be able to be made for one place,

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Liveto99, appreciate the insight. Sounds like we will have to wait for a senior member to post some dates. To any senior members, the sooner we know the sooner you have at least one boat to join!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We wanted to go this year again but with a kid starting college it's not gonna work. So we are hoping for 21. When we went in 18 we did it in late June. If we make 21 work it will have to be in late june again for us due to work constraints. But before I commit I want to see how the 20 group fairs at bimini sands... it was in flux last year. Maybe @Bruce has some insite.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Typically we have been unable to establish group dates and discounts until January of the year of the trip.

Bimini Sands, now Bimini Cove, is very much in a state of flux. In 2018 we found active opposition to our visits from a representative of the at the time owner of the common areas of the property. Bimini Sand's common areas may have been sold or owner financed to a new owner who has big plans but those plans have yet to come to fruition. There are plans to reopen the rental pool, complete the repairs to the infinity pool, reestablish dining facilities, provide slip rental and generally improve the property. I stay i close contact with several parties at Bimini Sands / Cove and look forward to hearing of progress.

My family would like to return to Bimini this summer. I hope that will be possible.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We're first time Bimini Crossers from the MidWest with big plans for a 2021 fling as well in our SX210. Would really like to participate with you if you'll have us. Please keep us informed. We'll be headed there boat-less in May 2020 to do a recon and help with planning our big cross.

Thanks!

Bizywk

Daniel Adams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm definitely up for a 2021 June crossing!

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're first time Bimini Crossers from the MidWest with big plans for a 2021 fling as well in our SX210. Would really like to participate with you if you'll have us. Please keep us informed. We'll be headed there boat-less in May 2020 to do a recon and help with planning our big cross.

Thanks!

Bizywk
Nice Bizywk! Where in the midwest are you from? Happy to start the unofficial 2021 list !

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice Bizywk! Where in the midwest are you from? Happy to start the unofficial 2021 list !
Land locked Indiana. :) But I head across the state line for the BEST Skyline Chilli ever whenever I can.

Last edited:

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I noticed a number of videos that show folks fishing for lobsters while they're out on Bimini jetboat flings, but it appears that the lobster season is closed from 1 Apr to 31 Jul every year. Is there an organized fling that happens in August? Is it too hot then?

Last edited:

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed a number of videos that show folks fishing for lobsters while they're out on Bimini jetboat flings, but it appears that the lobster season is closed from 1 Apr to 31 Jul every year. Is there an organized fling that happens in August? Is it too hot then?
I live in vero beach Florida
And August doesnt seem any more hot than July- both are very hot in direct sunlight- bearable in the shade with ocean breeze.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome. Thanks for the response. It sounds like I need to convince an experienced guide to go on an early August trip!

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am new to the forums and taking delivery of a 2020 210 FSH on 5/13. My wife and I are very interested in tackling the trip to Bimini next year with a more experienced group. Also interested in hearing if anyone else has tried to cross in a 210 FSH and how the experience was. Thanks!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am new to the forums and taking delivery of a 2020 210 FSH on 5/13. My wife and I are very interested in tackling the trip to Bimini next year with a more experienced group. Also interested in hearing if anyone else has tried to cross in a 210 FSH and how the experience was. Thanks!
Im in:winkingthumbsup"
The thread for 2020 ride has gas burn rate and how much extra gas you should carry due due conditions.

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would be in for a 2021 crossing. Would be my first time.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in for 2021. First time also. Picking up my 2014 242 Limited S at the end of the month and was going to try and make the 2020. After a lot of research and watching videos, I feel its best to not rush and plan properly and give myself some time to acquire all the proper gear.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Land locked Indiana. :) But I head across the state line for the BEST Skyline Chilli ever whenever I can.
Hello, from a fellow Indianapolis resident. Where do you boat? All over like we do, or do you tend to go to one lake more than the other

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Interested in Bimini 21.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would very interested in a 2021 Bimini Trip.