• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Bimini Trip - aiming for 2021

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My fiance and I are in for 2021. Thought about joining the July group, but I can't help but feel covid will ruin any travel plans for this year. I prepared for this trip several years ago with a different boat and didn't get to make the trip because of weather. The sticky 'Preparing for Bimini' is really, really helpful.

Angela2491

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My husband and I ('19 Yamaha 212 Limited S) and my cousin and her husband (21 ft. Stingray deck boat with 150hp prop) are interested in the '21 Bimini Run. We hail from Virginia and this would be a first for us. Thanks!

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I lead a group in 2019, I plan for 2021 as well. As posted earlier in THIS thread, about January is when dates get solidified. The week AFTER July 4th is usually pretty good.

I TENTATIVE (boldface caps) date range for 2021 would look like July 11-17 ish for me.

Also, biggest thing is read the prep thread. It has everything!

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I'm planning for the trip now for 21. It will be our first time. Question should we take the kids they'll be almost 8 an 6 years old. We will be coming from southern Maryland. Love to tag along for the crossing with da group.

NorgaR01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are for sure planning on joining the 2021 trip. The last time we went was in 2017 (crazy ride) and it was amazing. We will have two kids 10 and 12 joining us. I will be driving down from DC. We can’t wait!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in as well.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I finally have the wife talked into this trip. She's nervous about going out that far but I have her reading threads about it and watching videos. She told me to start making a list of things that we have to get and what we have to do to get the boat ready. Fingers crossed hoping for next year. 🤞

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Land locked Indiana. :) But I head across the state line for the BEST Skyline Chilli ever whenever I can.
Hey hoosier. July 12-17 2021 we will be going. We are from northwest Indiana.
I will be posting after new years for sure to start organizing.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm planning for the trip now for 21. It will be our first time. Question should we take the kids they'll be almost 8 an 6 years old. We will be coming from southern Maryland. Love to tag along for the crossing with da group.
We went when our kids were 8,6, and 4. They were water births and they haven't left the water and they love lake Michigan rough water. It really depends on the kid. It can be 2.5 hours of hell if the family is not having it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Please do be prepared.
I think I finally have the wife talked into this trip. She's nervous about going out that far but I have her reading threads about it and watching videos. She told me to start making a list of things that we have to get and what we have to do to get the boat ready. Fingers crossed hoping for next year. 🤞

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We went when our kids were 8,6, and 4. They were water births and they haven't left the water and they love lake Michigan rough water. It really depends on the kid. It can be 2.5 hours of hell if the family is not having it.
I'm thinking the first time me and the wifey should just do it ourselves with 2 of our close friends.. i think my daughter would love it but my son the 6 year's old is going to 💩 his self, like I'll probably will do as well. ? I've only been off shore in the ocean 1 time and i got so sick.. i know there's stuff to take and we will all.. but my wife hasn't been offshore yet.. do people get see sick making the crossover.? Thanks..

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm thinking the first time me and the wifey should just do it ourselves with 2 of our close friends.. i think my daughter would love it but my son the 6 year's old is going to 💩 his self, like I'll probably will do as well. ? I've only been off shore in the ocean 1 time and i got so sick.. i know there's stuff to take and we will all.. but my wife hasn't been offshore yet.. do people get see sick making the crossover.? Thanks..
You sound wise in that if it is questionable you leave kids behind. Also, everyone should always have a plan B in case it's too rough.
Feel free to pm me any questions and if i don't know the answers i can point you to people that do!

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d be very interested as well and think @Nauti-Nurse might be . Would be coming with a AR190 so I plan on preparing very well and could use any pointers from seasoned members.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone found/noticed issues with mixing boats on this type of trip? I.e. a 190AR going with a 242LSE? Question comes down to are the 242s burning more fuel going slower to wait for the 190s etc. Dpes it matter a whole lot?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Has anyone found/noticed issues with mixing boats on this type of trip? I.e. a 190AR going with a 242LSE? Question comes down to are the 242s burning more fuel going slower to wait for the 190s etc. Dpes it matter a whole lot?
Not really. Everyone having a boat in tip top shape and weather are the two biggest factors.

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Looks like it's shark week on tv.. why they gotta keep showing this place.

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grew up in Miami and as a kid my dad would take us to Bimini on a 17ft Mako cc. If you go during summer you can find flat calm days to cross.

Make sure you have marine vhf’s and at least one epirb.
The flotilla is a great way for first timers. We’ve used the buddy system when the flotilla consisted of various sized/speed boats so nobody was left behind.
Make sure you have your SeaTow or BoatUS memberships up to date.
Make sure you have valid passports.

Right now they’re shut down due to covid.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seatow and rowboat us will only tow younince you get the boat 3 miles off shore from bimini and they will tow you at 15 mph and you must stay on your boat while they tow you. And unless you are stuck they will schedule you days out .. ask me how I know! Lol

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seatow and rowboat us will only tow younince you get the boat 3 miles off shore from bimini and they will tow you at 15 mph and you must stay on your boat while they tow you. And unless you are stuck they will schedule you days out .. ask me how I know! Lol
Ive witnessed them come out 50 miles to tow back. If your boat isn’t sinking yes, you and passengers remain on the vessel. And they have to tow slow for safety sake. Beats the alternatives.