• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First boat sanity check

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Post em up, I’m sure the OP would appreciate as many options as possible.
Google and phone calls, not much too it. I was able to find over 10 boats in a few days last month.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Google and phone calls, not much too it. I was able to find over 10 boats in a few days last month.
In your general area, surrounding states, or other regions? I think my local dealer sold out of new 2021’s before we hit February and is taking advance orders on 2022’s......

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
In your general area, surrounding states, or other regions? I think my local dealer sold out of new 2021’s before we hit February and is taking advance orders on 2022’s......
Just my state, I was prepared to call Georgia/Alabama if necessary. Luckily the dealer closest to me had 3 25's and also the lowest prep fees. From my understanding boats are still coming in, while a lot have buyers lined up, I would ask if I could put a back up deposit down.

DrKnowNothing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I ended up buying a 2018 242x e-series.

25 hours, boat is in great shape for $68k. It certainly is a lot of boat but we decided to get our second boat first. (The Admiral was the one pushing for this purchase so went big).

Heading down on Sunday to pick it up. Now just the dreaded 30 day wait to get the title from Yamaha.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I bought a Yamaha because I couldn't get a Four Winns or Chaparral until 2023. I almost bought a Tahoe, but Bass Pro's customer service sucks, so I didn't. I'm too old to surf, wakeboard etc., but I have 4 kids and grandchildren that hopefully will get involved in watersports. No matter, I just love being on the water and my boat is badass,. That's what everyone says! I'd take my '79 Sanger Superjet back in a heartbeat. Sold it to buy my first home.
What an idiot.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You're never too old to surf @RobbieO
It is low impact and you will get hooked.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I ended up buying a 2018 242x e-series.

25 hours, boat is in great shape for $68k. It certainly is a lot of boat but we decided to get our second boat first. (The Admiral was the one pushing for this purchase so went big).

Heading down on Sunday to pick it up. Now just the dreaded 30 day wait to get the title from Yamaha.
Beautiful boat! You and the family are in for some fun times and great memories. This forum is a tremendous resource and will make owning you Yamaha even more enjoyable. Congratulations!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome boat, you’ll have a blast.