• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Boat trip... Lake of the Ozarks bound!

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, we got back last Saturday and miss it already! We couldn't believe the scenery and how warm the water was. The water was always 85+ degrees. Although we had to dodge a lot of the rainy weather, we still had a blast. Thanks for all your recommendations, it helped a great deal! I wish we were able to visit all of the places but one that we did hit was Coconuts, my kids are still telling their friends about that place!

The truck hauled everything just fine. I took it out of tow mode when we got into IL so it would get into overdrive and saved some MPG. Also, alot of the launches are very steep! The closest one to us was Bergers Marina by the Bagnell dam (24/7 launch just put $5 in the drop box). Make sure you have good brakes and everything is double checked before launching/pulling on that incline!

We will be heading back down again next year.

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you got there without issues! We'll be there next month, and sounds like we're staying very close to where you are. We'll be at mm3 - would love to hear your thoughts on places to eat on the water near there, and coves for water sports etc.

Have fun!
I highly recommend making a run to the State Park and docking there -Nice, peaceful place to relax and explore and let the kids swim at thier beach. Bring some charcoal and have lunch. Be sure to keep close eye on your fuel levels in the boat and plan accordingly. We had to refuel on the way back to our cove since the winds were against us heading back from MM 16 to MM 9. Also, be sure to check out Coconuts. We went on a Wednesday, and there was hardly anyone there. Kiddie pool and big slide roped off on the lake for the kids (and adults) to enjoy. Decent food, friendly staff and very welcoming.

We stayed at a Airbnb in Downing Cove and to be honest, the kids enjoyed swimming right off the dock which had a slide on it. We stayed right in our cove for watersports as well. There were some wake boats doing the same but there is plenty of room for it.

Not sure where you go boating in IL but considering it is in IL, like us, I'm sure you'll be impressed by the water conditions there versus what we are used to up at the Chain O' Lakes "Mud Pit". Although, the locals say Lake of the Ozarks water is disgusting.. I had to laugh..

Oh, I forgot to mention. Bug spray is optional, lol, we didnt even use it! Were used to swarms of mosquitoes in our area, i mean literally running from the car to the house to avoid them! None of us had any bites or complaints about mosquitoes while we were there, just your typical water nats and lake spiders on the docks.

Hope your trip goes well!

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
plenty to do. boating by day, go carts for sure, mini golf by night for sure! Check out the ruins. (may be too hot for that, tons of walking) Take the boat (or car depending on what MM youre at) to bridal caverns.

monday-thursday, you will REALLY enjoy it. Friday to Sunday. meh. it'll get tiresome. Huge boats captained by douche-bags ignoring no wakes, overrunning smaller boats.

Never found it to be a deterrent to not go though. Just those days, we head as far away from the downtown Osage beach area as possible, find a cove, and relax.

enjoy!
Just wanted to mention, we attempted to access Bridal Caves by boat and the state park folks said there is no longer access. We double checked and called Bridal Caves and they confirmed the trail leading to Bridal Caves from the water access has been closed off.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@USN_Snipe4Life Thanks for the detailed info! My wife was glad to hear the bugs are minimal,as she always gets lots of bites. Last year we went to Dale Hollow on the Kentucky side, and she was covered in bites. The lake was incredibly clear compared to what we're used to. Coconuts sounds like a definite stop, as several have now mentioned it. Glad to hear it's not jammed during the week.
We boat the Chain occasionally- mainly to find a restaurant or visit Blarney Island, but for water sports we often go all the way down to Lake Springfield- Great Lake, but no real restaurants other than a taco place at the marina. Our oldest lives there, so it works for us. We go to Lake Geneva maybe once a season, and Delavan occasionally.

Just curious so I can get over the shock now - what were fuel prices on LOTO?
Last year we were burning about $125-150 per day in fuel, but we had a great time. Hoping to have another Great experience on LOTO!

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@USN_Snipe4Life Thanks for the detailed info! My wife was glad to hear the bugs are minimal,as she always gets lots of bites. Last year we went to Dale Hollow on the Kentucky side, and she was covered in bites. The lake was incredibly clear compared to what we're used to. Coconuts sounds like a definite stop, as several have now mentioned it. Glad to hear it's not jammed during the week.
We boat the Chain occasionally- mainly to find a restaurant or visit Blarney Island, but for water sports we often go all the way down to Lake Springfield- Great Lake, but no real restaurants other than a taco place at the marina. Our oldest lives there, so it works for us. We go to Lake Geneva maybe once a season, and Delavan occasionally.

Just curious so I can get over the shock now - what were fuel prices on LOTO?
Last year we were burning about $125-150 per day in fuel, but we had a great time. Hoping to have another Great experience on LOTO!

I came in with a full tank and only got 20 gallons on the water. It was around $3.25 per gal.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to mention, we attempted to access Bridal Caves by boat and the state park folks said there is no longer access. We double checked and called Bridal Caves and they confirmed the trail leading to Bridal Caves from the water access has been closed off.

what? why? :(

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Day three on LOTO! Burning lots of fuel exploring this large area. So far have run from mile marker 1 - 21 and up the Gravois arm to Coconuts. Staying by mile 3.
Does anyone know some shallower areas for anchoring up?

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Day three on LOTO! Burning lots of fuel exploring this large area. So far have run from mile marker 1 - 21 and up the Gravois arm to Coconuts. Staying by mile 3.
Does anyone know some shallower areas for anchoring up?
Party Cove in the state park I believe. Locals advised to only bring kids on weekdays...

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Party cove is no longer party cove, but some people raft there still in the back. Great watersports cove, I surf and there Longs cove if the lake is busy. I have a place in the state park. Great part of the lake, much less of the craziness that people bitch about on LOTO. Love my time there, very family friendly raft areas and calmer water.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Party cove is no longer party cove, but some people raft there still in the back. Great watersports cove, I surf and there Longs cove if the lake is busy. I have a place in the state park. Great part of the lake, much less of the craziness that people bitch about on LOTO. Love my time there, very family friendly raft areas and calmer water.
Hmm....
I may need to revisit LOTO!
I'll admit, I became a bit of a Bull Shoals Lake Chauvinist over the years here...

--