• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First boat would love Any advise

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your connext is basically an extra remote for the Polk head unit mounted under the dash. You can add amps and speakers as you would with any system. I added 2 Polk tower speakers that are the same speakers that are in the boat with 2 350 watt amps powering 4 speakers each. Disconnected the tower tweeters and it sounds very good for about $500. Found an excellent deal on eBay for the speakers and Clarion amps. Oh yeah nice boat congrats.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
[SIZE=4][B][FONT=Arial]@MikeyL[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Do you know if putting in the tower speakers messes the connext up in anyway if adding a eq?
Thanks for asking. However, this is not in my wheelhouse.
Please do ask @Williamsone46 ....... He'll know for sure, I feel. He is a vault of information, especially on 2015's.
Good Luck ....... My only suggestion is to let some professional do the tower wiring if you so decide to go this direction. It can be (and is) a real B*&*Ch !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
PS - I do NOT understand why you need an EQ however. If you change out the speakers, add a sub, and add an amp or two, the music pretty much rocks.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard. What lake do you boat on? I live on Lake Hamilton and often boat on Ouachita.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I see that @Jackew already posted a link to get you my checklist, so I won't post it again. But it is a word doc, so you can alter it to fit your needs.

Congrats on the boat, the mods you have planned will keep you busy for awhile, along with the upcoming season. Practice without guests on board and when the traffic low, and skill will develop quickly. It's all about being able to anticipate what the boat will do before it does.

Congrats again and welcome aboard!

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r i hope it wasn't copy protected or I stole some of your thunder ! I think it is a great guide and an good document for a new jet boat operator. I sold my AR240 and it was part of what I gave the owner to be success on his boating adventures :)

Oops. Man if it is copy protected I'm incriminating myself big time :(

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No copy protection. It is available for anyone. I wrote it and give it freely!

T0jo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce I go to Greers ferry, I find lake Hamilton while fun has a ton of trash in it which wouldn't be fun getting it clogged in my boat. I did go to the lake Hamilton more when I was younger though around airport road.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1- read your owners manual front to back and fully understand your boat and how to operate it. Sit on the boat and familiarize yourself before on the water.

2- fully understand your clean out plugs. Practice taking them in and out and double checking to make sure they're latched correctly.

3- buy a cleanout plug lock kit. Cobra EZ locks are the cheapest and work great. These are a must have in my opinion before getting on the water. More so for someone that's unfamiliar with jet boats and boating. Also read up on this forum about the symptoms of a plug blowout so you're familiar if it happens. Also read up on how to clean out debris when you cavitate (and what cavitation is). You should be familiar with all of these situations before going out on the water, even if they are rare.

4- like others said, bring a friend along with you for the first time. It's great if they're familiar with boating, but don't let them tell you how to dock if they don't have any experience driving jet boats. Take their advice with a grain of salt.

T0jo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a great trip enjoyed both days of solid fun out on the water... Although few things are coming to mind what cleaners do you reccomend for inside the boat I look at overton website so many to pick from I would like anyone to give me advise on particular products you use.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Boat Bling's Hot Sauce for the gelcoat, glass, chrome, stainless...anything shiny except vinyl. Same company makes a Vinyl Sauce and Vinyl Conditioner. Both good products but for tough vinyl stains, I like Zep's Vinyl cleaner. Use a vinyl conditioner that contains a UV protectant. Keep the carpets clean and dry, never put the boat away wet if you can help it...and if it is wet, remove everything, cover, and let air out as much as possible. Hot Sauce is amazing and fast, but it is an instant detailer, not a wax, although it does have 5% wax. I never wax, just use hot sauce after the lake and the boat is like new. I am editing and adding that I have waxed, I just don't do much follow on waxing as the hot sauce makes the process much easier.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL Do you know if putting in the tower speakers messes the connext up in anyway if adding a eq?
T0jo,

As far as I'm am aware there shouldn't be a problem with those speakers. You'll only be using two equalizers (one with the speakers, one in Connext) - don't let them fight/cancel each other out.

Personally I'd just add speakers and a sub if you want. I have the tower speakers but no sub and my wife and kid already say it's way too loud already.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat Bling's Hot Sauce for the gelcoat, glass, chrome, stainless...anything shiny except vinyl. Same company makes a Vinyl Sauce and Vinyl Conditioner. Both good products but for tough vinyl stains, I like Zep's Vinyl cleaner. Use a vinyl conditioner that contains a UV protectant. Keep the carpets clean and dry, never put the boat away wet if you can help it...and if it is wet, remove everything, cover, and let air out as much as possible. Hot Sauce is amazing and fast, but it is an instant detailer, not a wax, although it does have 5% wax. I never wax, just use hot sauce after the lake and the boat is like new. I am editing and adding that I have waxed, I just don't do much follow on waxing as the hot sauce makes the process much easier.
Txav8r,

I use my 242LS in the ICW and Gulf of Mexico - I first of all recommend stopping at a drive in car wash if you trailer it. (the garage style ones with a pressure washer and soap brush) Spend the $5 and wash her down good!

Second of all I use "Nautical Ease" to clean and "wax" the boat. Great products!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome to the forum @Bennie , I don't think I have seen those products in our inland stores. I never pressure wash the boat, too much can go wrong with that, and it eats wax right off the gelcoat. They pressure wash to remove old bottom paint, but we don't bottom paint these boats. I boat brush and a 5 gallon pale of soapy water and a good rinse, followed by hot sauce wipe down is all it takes.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
well of course @txav8r , I am referring to the rinse "pressure" washer that is at all drive through car washes that are at most gas stations. As for the "Nautical Ease", I purchase that from Amazon. Their "wax" has got to be the easiest application and removal that I have EVER seen... and with a magnificent finish. I highly recommend it bud!!

However I am back at work so please go take your boat out and have fun for me!!

Corbitt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce I go to Greers ferry, I find lake Hamilton while fun has a ton of trash in it which wouldn't be fun getting it clogged in my boat. I did go to the lake Hamilton more when I was younger though around airport road.
We also go to Greers Ferry!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bennie , I have a nice BIG driveway with lots of water, and a pressure washer too. I wouldn't touch my boat with the pressure of it or a car wash. It is just too damaging and not necessary at all. It is so easy to wash a boat, it is all about getting the water off to prevent spotting. I use Hot Sauce detail. Also, waxing a boat has me wondering...why? The constant running through the water just wears the wax away. So detailing is more important. My boat also is stored covered...indoors. So wax isn't nearly as important, although my detailer contains UV inhibitors. I did go read about the silicone based Nautical Ease, sounds like an interesting approach. I bought a California style "water blade" to remove water from the motorhome without having to towel dry to prevent spotting...I am thinking it may work on the boat too. Although the curved surfaces may not be as easy. Anyway, if there is no water left on the surface, you don't get any spotting. Take a look at this...
http://www.amazon.com/California-Style-Water-Blade-14/dp/B003H7EWAC
hijack ended...

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I noticed you had no spare tire on your trailer. It is a standard accessory so hopefully the dealer gave you one. Our first season with the at 240 also. Loving it! Upgraded from the ar190.... What a difference. Enjoy!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
.....................I have the tower speakers but no sub and my wife and kid already say it's way too loud already.
LOL. To be typically argumentative, and adding the fact that right now I am single as Barbie ain't with me, I CAN venture out and state:

IT AIN'T EVER TOO LOUD !

Dang I feel better gettin' that out there .............LOL !
Y'all play nicely in the sandbox now, y'hear ? !

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As far as the tower speakers I went with Rockford Fosgate MB282 8" and a wet sounds HT6 amp. I like that the amp can use just 2 channels to power all the inboard speakers and the other 2 inputs for the tower. I just use the conext and fade from front to rear to use the tower speakers and no extra controls.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now get a screw driver and make a run around your boat checking all of your screws are tight.. we had many come loose and even fell out within 10 hours.