• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First major upgrade

Even better. Sign me up. Or better yet export your guy to the states..

You have a different model to me so i don't have any pattern for him to work off or he would sort the job for you, There seems to be a lot of interest in these covers it may be worth looking into making some if i could get the patterns from old ones, I'm in the process of sorting a cheaper carrier for one member who wants one made the same as mine but as yet not managed to find one but we persevere,

@Geoff Cooper I may also be interested in having one made. I'm just curious what the final price would end up being with shipping.

My boat is an '04 sx230, so it would be the same pattern as yours minus the tower. I wonder if not having to add the velcro cutouts for the tower would reduce the price a bit?

@Geoff Cooper I may also be interested in having one made. I'm just curious what the final price would end up being with shipping.

My boat is an '04 sx230, so it would be the same pattern as yours minus the tower. I wonder if not having to add the velcro cutouts for the tower would reduce the price a bit?
I've already gone through that with him and it's the same, How cheap do you want to buy a cover for? There about $1000 in the States and this canvass is really good I'm well pleased.

The simple answer is yes, it can be positioned/angled differently. However when we installed it we set it up so that the top "H" bar (where the tow point is located) was level and I'm not sure if I'd care to change that.
Should I?

I think its fine. Just wondered how low you could position it. In some photos it looks tall, and others it looks about the same height as my OEM probably is... Guess its all a game of angles. I had forgotten too that as you change the angle of the tower the angle of the tow point changes.

I've already gone through that with him and it's the same, How cheap do you want to buy for?

Honestly I don't have a good answer for that question other than, "as cheap as possible". Obviously, I know that I would pay more than your price based on shipping alone. I'm just curious what the lowest "all in" price could possibly be. I have no idea of the shipping options in your part of the world so that's the biggest question.

I think its fine. Just wondered how low you could position it. In some photos it looks tall, and others it looks about the same height as my OEM probably is... Guess its all a game of angles. I had forgotten too that as you change the angle of the tower the angle of the tow point changes.

Just an FYI, measured it while on the trailer and my overall height is 10'6". Any idea what yours is as a comparison?

Honestly I don't have a good answer for that question other than, "as cheap as possible". Obviously, I know that I would pay more than your price based on shipping alone. I'm just curious what the lowest "all in" price could possibly be. I have no idea of the shipping options in your part of the world so that's the biggest question.

I'm just sorting the details out at the moment and seeing if i can locate a company that ships to the States at a decent price problem is this company is 30 miles away so i need to take a day out to try and sort it all out, Then there are some sort of vents and cleat surrounds to sort also, Ronnie is very kindly sending me his old ones so when i go to do my other post " Trips to Bangkok " i will take them with me and try to sort them at the same time, This all takes time so please be patient and if it's possible to get the job done then i will do my best, We already have the pattern for the 04/06 SX and AR 230s by using my old cover however if some sort of Jetboaters logo is required somewhere on the cover then that's something else that has to be taken into account as a panel on the cover will have to be used to have it embroidered into before the cover is built and that will incur extra cost, We will see what can be done and if i can get some samples of the embroidery done i will post some Photos.

If anyone has an old cover that is beyond repair from a different model than my 06 and has an hour to spare, If they could get some stiff paper and cut out the panels on the old cover and pattern them onto the stiff paper and send them to my friend in Utah he will bring them with him and that will be another pattern we can use to make new covers, Just number the panels and then draw a rough plan on a separate piece of paper with the numbers showing on the plan drawing, An old roll of wallpaper is as good as anything and don't worry about folding it that can be sorted this end, Also do not dispose of any old vents or cleat surrounds they can be reused, Start a conversation with me for my friends address.

Last edited:
Back