• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

First Outing - 2018 242X E-Series - Questions/Advise?

Took my boat to Powell this last week with the higher elevation props and ribbon delete. With just me on board, ( quick run to load the boat on trailer), no Bimini and 50% gas. I hit 48 mph. I was maxing the revs but it got there fast and if I would have had more space I might have climbed another mph. Man she felt great at that elevation. It was the main channel, but still pretty smooth water which helped. Did I mention how gorgeous that lake is. It was heartbreaking to see all the mussels on everything since the water is down 20 feet this year. They have absolutely overwhelmed that entire lake. Ugh, don’t even get me started on this damn honor system that’s in place to stop them from spreading. My decontamination was a joke as I also had to keep pointing out areas for them to spray to ensure they actually got all the water holding areas.. end of rant.

Took my boat to Powell this last week with the higher elevation props and ribbon delete. With just me on board, ( quick run to load the boat on trailer), no Bimini and 50% gas. I hit 48 mph. I was maxing the revs but it got there fast and if I would have had more space I might have climbed another mph. Man she felt great at that elevation. It was the main channel, but still pretty smooth water which helped. Did I mention how gorgeous that lake is. It was heartbreaking to see all the mussels on everything since the water is down 20 feet this year. They have absolutely overwhelmed that entire lake. Ugh, don’t even get me started on this damn honor system that’s in place to stop them from spreading. My decontamination was a joke as I also had to keep pointing out areas for them to spray to ensure they actually got all the water holding areas.. end of rant.

Just got back from Powell too. I was maxing out at 6500 Rpms. 38, 39 mph and hole shot was sluggish as can be. We run 46 47 mph at lake mead all day. I dont know if something is wrong with the boat or if it is just the elevation difference which cant be that much.

We will be going to Mead this weekend. I will let you know. Do you think it is worth looking at rejetting. Most of the time we are on mead but if a higher altitude pitch would work better I would do it. I would love a little more performance out of the 242.

We will be going to Mead this weekend. I will let you know. Do you think it is worth looking at rejetting. Most of the time we are on mead but if a higher altitude pitch would work better I would do it. I would love a little more performance out of the 242.
Rejetting? You would have to get high altitude impellers.

Back