• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First ride in the FSH 190

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If this helps at all...Here's my Riptide ST on the RTA-17 Quick release. The mounted puck is on a custom piece of 1" Starboard that I made. I used a Trac brand plug/receptacle.

Attachments

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Joey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Something else to check for Deluxe and Sport FSHers.
Not sure if this was Yamaha or the dealer prep but while hooking up my on board charger to the starting battery, I noticed a small (maybe 18gauge) black wire coiled up and still tucked in among the battery harness wiring. It runs up to the Voltage Sensing Relay. If you want your VSR to work the way it's supposed to...finish hooking it up to the common negative between the house and starting batteries. Funny, there's even a factory tag that says to do that right on the wire, near the ring terminal end. QC at its finest strikes again.
Any way you could snap a pic or two of how you finished configuring this wire? I know what wire you are referring to but I'm not sure where to connect it to as you indicated above. Also, what does VSR stand for? Thanks!

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No problem. You'll see in the photos where I hooked mine. Bottom line though, the batteries use a "common" ground wire so go ahead and hook it to whichever negative battery terminal is easiest for you get to depending on how the dealer installed the batteries.
VSR stands for Voltage Sensing Relay. Its purpose in a nutshell: when your motor is running, the alternator is charging the main (starting) battery. When the main battery is fully charged, it lets that charging current flow over to the auxiliary (house) battery and charge it. When the little wire is hooked up, you'll see when it's working (main battery fully charged) because there's a small red indicator light right on the VSR that will glow indicating that it is sending current to the house battery.

Attachments