• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Roadtrip - towable storage advice

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've changed my mind and decided to get the wakeboard holder this year. A good excuse to spend more money, right? So I ordered the Monster combo rack w/ swivel mount on Friday -- it should arrive Monday. But now I'm worried that I ordered the wrong size. I ordered 2" swivel and I see posts in the forum saying that the AR192 uses 1 7/8". I couldn't find anything about the AR195. I sent a question to Monster's customer service (should have done that first) but can anybody confirm if the 2" is the wrong size or not?

Second question about this... where is the best place to mount it? I couldn't find any good reference pics online. How many inches below the bimini pole bracket? And what side? I was thinking starboard side would be best side as it would obstruct the driver's view less and that side tends to have fewer people sitting there.

And one more question, I notice the Shorelandr manual says something to the effect that they have a great winch however "for added security, you should use a separate tie down to tie the bow eye both downward and also forward. This should guard against any sudden stops or starts, or winch or winch strap failure." For those that trailer frequently, do you add a separate bow tie-down?

Last edited:

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trailer should have a chain on the bow eye. Should have come with the trailer. Took pic of mine (in the dark)
Others go way overboard with strapping the bow as you will soon see. ;)
907605A5-AA81-4BB9-AB69-5E054F7699B2.jpeg

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good luck, and be sure to come back and let us know how the road trip goes.........Also, I want to see a picture of 8 people and a dog on a 195 with a Zup and Super Mable!
Trip went well. But it was definitely nice to have the wakeboard rack to keep the Zup out of the way. 8 people on the boat was not bad at all. But that's 6 people who weighed 110 lbs or less and two who weighed less than 200 lbs. Most crowded, complex was when we ate our packed hot dogs & sandwiches but even that was ok. As you can see in the picture, there's plenty of spacing between the people and the whole seat behind my (driver's) seat was not occupied. We didn't end up switching back and forth between the Super Mabel & the Zup. We had Zup time first then Super Mabel time after lunch.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trip went well.
Glad to hear it all worked out. Looks like you had plenty of space. Clearly wasn't Lay-Z-Boy recliner space for all, but obviously not so crowded as to be uncomfortable.

How did the tube storage work out? I see it off the swim platform in the top right pic there.

Also, whats the silver thing clipped on your windshield there?

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Glad to hear it all worked out. Looks like you had plenty of space. Clearly wasn't Lay-Z-Boy recliner space for all, but obviously not so crowded as to be uncomfortable.

How did the tube storage work out? I see it off the swim platform in the top right pic there.

Also, whats the silver thing clipped on your windshield there?
That’s actually a life jacket tied to the tower. Towable storage was fine because it was in the starboard rear storage until use. Then after we used it I deflated it and put it on the swim platform before returning for the day.

The thing on the windshield is one of those tender fender clips. I actually haven’t needed it for that purpose yet but I occasionally hang a plastic supermarket bag for trash there.

BanditBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time poster here, just trying to help the team with some frustration I resolved. Our Zup board is too big for the ski locker and I don’t have racks. I cut a 4”x12” strip of a foam pad that goes under workout bikes that I used to rest the Zup on and was able to wedge it to the right of the driver seat. Fits like a glove. Points of contact besides the floor are the trim around the throttle and front face (fiberglass) of the rear seat. I just used a microfiber and flip flops to prevent scratching but I’ll probably rig up something cleaner next time. Completely out of the wind, never even rattled. AR-250 in the pic.

Attachments