• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

First service Q

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just went and checked to see how many hours I had logged on the old motor and am sitting right at 9. My question is, being that season is almost over, what is the opinion of this idea: I am thinking of foregoing the service at the 10 hour mark and finishing the season out. At the end of the season in a few weeks I will then do the service myself (I am ordering a service manual so I can do all of the procedures Yamaha states) along with new oil, plugs etc. and fogging the engine. Do you think going a couple hours over the 10 hour mark will hurt anything? The oil is as clear as the day I picked it up with 1.2 hours on it. I am just trying to save a little money and will not leave a motor stowed for winter with heat cycled oil in it so if the census is to change the oil at 10 then I will be doing it again when I put it away.

Change it before you store the boat. Better to have the break in stuff out of there and not let it settle. Plus the acidic conditions over the winter is not the most desirable. A little over will not hurt a thing..I think I was at 15 hours when I did mine.
Steve

No problem. I recall many guys saying they went over the 10 hour limit. Just keep an eye on the oil level and you will be fine until end of season.

Thats what I was hoping to hear. I didn't foresee any horror stories and figure I may be at the 15 hour mark by the time I call this season over. Then I get to start on my many mods this winter... My wallet hates me!

Have fun with it then change the oil at the end of the season. Don't let a few extra hours on the engine get in the way of fun.

Back