• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time boat owner in Ocean City MD

Nancy Kurkjian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

Today was the first time out on the water solo (without the boat dealer)! Took my husband and 7 year old out on our 2015 Yamaha SX190. The water was pretty choppy and brisk 12 Mph winds. We were out for a couple hours and then I was able to get it in the slip with an audience on shore. It’s a very narrow slip with a lift, strong tidal currents and pylons which don’t allow for a straight approach. Add the wind and it’s quite a challenge. The guys watching were impressed! Little did they know I’d never done it without help before!
I’m looking forward to taking some of the rest of the family out later this week and also learning from this group.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! And welcome to THE Forum!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome I go out in the south river sometimes with my friend who lives in Mayo.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board

Congratulations on the boat and being a female boat driver

Be sure to look at the faq at the top of the page for lots of great tips and DIYs

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello and welcome aboard! There is a wealth of information on this sight.