• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

First time Wakesurfing??

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang, it was Kuhio Day yesterday and a State Holiday. So took the ohana(family) to the Wailua River for the day. My keiki(children) wanted to try out there new toys.

My son picked out the HO Sidewinder 3man tube, so he can ride with his sisters and cousins. He had a blast, and also loved playing on it while we were beached and hanging out between sessions.?

My older girls tried for the first time to Wakesurf. I got them a Hyperlite Landlock Wakesurf Board, it’s like the LongBoard of Wakesurf Boards, great for beginners the reviews said. I didn’t bother with the ballast bags, we had a few Hawaiians on board. Just wanted them to practice to just get up. Unlike wakeboarding which took all day for them to get up. Surprisingly they were able to get up right away, still using the rope. Hopefully next outing they can surf rope free.??

It was definitely a great and memorable Ohana day. Even our Ohana Pug “Koa” has a great time. Here’s some pics from our Hawaiian Holiday at the Wailua River Kauai, Hawaii. Cheeee!??

Attachments

• 718A5DD3-AC3A-4C64-A051-FE5ED27472E2.jpeg
    718A5DD3-AC3A-4C64-A051-FE5ED27472E2.jpeg
    759.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 69098D98-6CEF-4E99-97F2-642B67C91FCD.jpeg
    69098D98-6CEF-4E99-97F2-642B67C91FCD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
  • D4AE9FB5-2406-44C9-874A-849D54C02EB3.png
    D4AE9FB5-2406-44C9-874A-849D54C02EB3.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 93
  • DF2AFFBB-B259-4F4F-94EC-CB8B012C27EC.png
    DF2AFFBB-B259-4F4F-94EC-CB8B012C27EC.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 0B0954E6-B762-4C1C-AEA2-017705B6ECF5.jpeg
    0B0954E6-B762-4C1C-AEA2-017705B6ECF5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • DA102F87-AB8D-4A2E-9A16-6A92704F18D6.jpeg
    DA102F87-AB8D-4A2E-9A16-6A92704F18D6.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 100
  • CDAEC424-3DDD-4649-9EBD-FA63341ABEA4.jpeg
    CDAEC424-3DDD-4649-9EBD-FA63341ABEA4.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
  • C6A0DB75-00F0-4A07-A57C-A12B0F024A27.png
    C6A0DB75-00F0-4A07-A57C-A12B0F024A27.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 108
  • D565E587-FF38-41A5-8CB4-91EDC6E35B94.png
    D565E587-FF38-41A5-8CB4-91EDC6E35B94.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 104
What a great backdrop for a day on the water. Looks like fun was had by all!

What a great backdrop for a day on the water. Looks like fun was had by all!
Aloha 2kwik4u, yes it was a great and fun day. There will be many more of those days to come too.??

that's getting some good use out of your boat!

if you're going to beach the boat I would suggest some sort of "keel guard", the Yamaha hull are notoriously thin and can easily wear the gel coat off,

thanks for sharing

that's getting some good use out of your boat!

if you're going to beach the boat I would suggest some sort of "keel guard", the Yamaha hull are notoriously thin and can easily wear the gel coat off,

thanks for sharing
Aloha and mahalo Scottintexas, KeelShield on its way. The great thing is the sand prepped the keel for my install haha lol. I approached slow, cut the motors and pushed/pulled her on the delta. Ordered the 9’er should be installed by the next outing.??

@rkim808 Rueben - your family rocks!!!
Hard to believe you guys have had this boat for like 2 days and are already surfing!!!!

You are so ahead of the curve, man. Beautiful pics. Please, ditch FB and keep posting here, lol.

@rkim808 Rueben - your family rocks!!!
Hard to believe you guys have had this boat for like 2 days and are already surfing!!!!

You are so ahead of the curve, man. Beautiful pics. Please, ditch your FB and keep posting here, lol.

Aloha Swatski, my Ohana(family) and I will be putting her to good use that’s for sure. My girls wanted to start Wakesurfing and my son wanted to try his new tube. So they had then day off from school, we loaded her up and 2min. drive from my house to the Wailua River. Kids was in the water a few minutes after we launched lol.

Mahalo nui loa(thank u very much) for all ur advice and help. Greatly appreciated??

Aloha Gang, it was Kuhio Day yesterday and a State Holiday. So took the ohana(family) to the Wailua River for the day. My keiki(children)...

It was definitely a great and memorable Ohana day. Even our Ohana Pug “Koa” has a great time. Here’s some pics from our Hawaiian Holiday at the Wailua River Kauai, Hawaii. Cheeee!??
Nui lā, great day. We had a Doberman named Koa years ago. And many Koa wood things at home. This is our puppy Belgian Shepherd, Kai. the name fits him, he better like water. I know he likes it frozen.
20190323_224959.jpg

At the time he won this surfing trophy, Fred Hemmings was her stepfather.

20190331_072513.jpg
"Hemmings began surfing at the age of 8 at Waikiki. Four years later in 1958, Fred Hemmings began competing in surfing events. That year he placed 3rd in the Makaha International Surfing Championships in the junior men division. He placed first in the following years that he entered (1961, 1963, 1964 and 1966). He continued to enter surfing contests taking him as far as Peru, where he won the Peruvian International Championship. In 1968, Hemmings won the World Surfing Championship in Puerto Rico. After becoming the world's first true surfing champion from Hawaii,[6] Hemmings retired from competitive surfing to focus on creating a new sports industry; promoting and marketing surfing as a viable professional sport.

In 1969, Hemmings produced the Smirnoff World Pro-Am Surfing Championships which became the de facto professional world championships. Hemmings created the Pipeline Masters surf competition in 1971 which is now the longest standing surf contest in the world. Enthralling national audiences, the competition was aired on ABC's Wide World of Sports.[6]"

Koa is the best.

Last edited:
Nui lā, great day. We had a Doberman named Koa years ago. And many Koa wood things at home. This is our puppy Belgian Shepherd, Kai. the name fits him, he better like water. I know he likes it frozen.
View attachment 90721

At the time he won this surfing trophy, Fred Hemmings was her stepfather.

View attachment 90723
"Hemmings began surfing at the age of 8 at Waikiki. Four years later in 1958, Fred Hemmings began competing in surfing events. That year he placed 3rd in the Makaha International Surfing Championships in the junior men division. He placed first in the following years that he entered (1961, 1963, 1964 and 1966). He continued to enter surfing contests taking him as far as Peru, where he won the Peruvian International Championship. In 1968, Hemmings won the World Surfing Championship in Puerto Rico. After becoming the world's first true surfing champion from Hawaii,[6] Hemmings retired from competitive surfing to focus on creating a new sports industry; promoting and marketing surfing as a viable professional sport.

In 1969, Hemmings produced the Smirnoff World Pro-Am Surfing Championships which became the de facto professional world championships. Hemmings created the Pipeline Masters surf competition in 1971 which is now the longest standing surf contest in the world. Enthralling national audiences, the competition was aired on ABC's Wide World of Sports.[6]"

Koa is the best.
Aloha kakahiaka zipper, that’s a beautiful Hawaiian Koa calabash bowl trophy. And the curly Koa base it’s sitting on is gorgeous. Mahalo for the history lesson too, surfing here in Hawaii Nei is part of our CULTURE and in our BLOOD. I think it’s awesome that ur dogs name is Kai, it looks like it fits too lol.

Mahalo nui loa,
Rueben

Back