• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Weekend As A New Jetboat owner

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well my first weekend as a Yamaha Jetboat owner was pretty awesome... got some wheel time aboard my 2019 242 Limited S. Docking was as advertised, a little hairy at first but after a few times doing it, the process got a little easier each time...

Love my boat!

Attachments

NorfolkJames

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get lateral thrusters and thrust vectors and your docking problem goes away. After getting them, I back into the dock like a pro.

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks!

It was fairly warm for NJ. Got up to 85° on Sunday, that is more than acceptable for this time of year here

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Get lateral thrusters and thrust vectors and your docking problem goes away. After getting them, I back into the dock like a pro.

For 2019 Yamaha has their version of lateral thrust vectors installed by default

May look at TV for next year

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is the system for your boat, balanced and super effective at all speeds , if you ever want the boat to handle like a sports car on a dry road nothing can come close to giving your boat the handling that this system delivers. High speed And slow speed in forward and reverse. just don't let the admiral drive or you will be riding in the passenger seat most of the time

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Where in NJ was that?

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats, that’s a beautiful boat. Love the boat name!
Thanks went back and forth with what to name it. Wifey and I had some good laughs with all the names that it could have been named.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Make sure you keep an eye on where you're going. Few boats went down and nearly sunk over the weekend hitting broken markers in the Barnegat.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @Cobra Jet Steering LLC. Any plans to offer a trade in for thrust vector owners by chance? They are just fine at slow but I would like a bit more control at speed and coming off plane.

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Make sure you keep an eye on where you're going. Few boats went down and nearly sunk over the weekend hitting broken markers in the Barnegat.
Yes thanks for the heads up. I did see that and with these boats it’s not always necessary to stay in the main channel but given what happened with the accidents I’ll be sticking close to the channel markers.