• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishfinder/Depth/GPS electronics install

sulzbachk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just bought a Yamaha 210 FSH and would like to install electronics in the console. Not something I will do myself. Anyone out there have a 210 FSH and had a dealer do a nice clean install? I am in the Catskill region of NY...looking at Garmin or Hummingbird units but have read these boats are a little problematic when it comes to install the electronics? Any info/pics would be appreciated and what brand unit was installed and how is it working for you. Thanks.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 12inch HB Solix installed on a RAM mount above console. Works very well. I adjust/position it for high speed operation different from when I am fishing off the back and can even pivot it towards the front if needed. But I have a Helix on the front that is networked, so I have never really needed to pivot the screen forward yet. My dealer did an excellent job installing and networking things together. MinnKota I-Pilot is also all integrated. Have a few small things to adjust and add, to include NMEA and AIS data inputs.

So far, I really like this setup. Need more time to get familiar with all the functionality.

I will try and get some pictures of routings and things. Here is how my console looks. Sorry for the mess in the background. This was right after a good project night getting radio and external speaker installed. I like the ability to quickly remove the expensive charplotter if I leave the boat somewhere not secured.
C49F1A15-668A-476A-89A9-6C10FAB61AB1.jpeg

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had a Garmin GPSMAP 1042xsv (10” non-touch screen) installed and it fills the space nicely. Depending on brand there are some 12” touch screen models that should just barely fit.

93C16F9E-9C60-4574-B6BD-210F0FF18C69.jpeg

sulzbachk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
YamahaKub if you could post pictures of transducer location and routing that would be greatly appreciated. Mallis and YamahaKub....both installs look great. One question I have is this...is there a void between the transom and the liner of the boat when you drill the hole for the transducer plug? Has not been mentioned so maybe not a concern at all? Thanks for your help.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
YamahaKub if you could post pictures of transducer location and routing that would be greatly appreciated. Mallis and YamahaKub....both installs look great. One question I have is this...is there a void between the transom and the liner of the boat when you drill the hole for the transducer plug? Has not been mentioned so maybe not a concern at all? Thanks for your help.
I did not install the tranducers. But I would guess there is not a liner at that point of the boat. Others would know much more. Give me a couple days to get some pictures of routings.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No liner to worry about. You’ll drill into the space that is easily accessible through the cap between the two cleanout ports.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a Garmin GPSMAP 1042xsv (10” non-touch screen) installed and it fills the space nicely. Depending on brand there are some 12” touch screen models that should just barely fit.

View attachment 82106
Awesome install, I'm a tech guy and love everything clean and tidy, this looks amazing!